Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Question about Contacts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about Contacts
HiroBarton
Neophyte
Member # 1924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiroBarton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any idea why they sell saline solution in spary cans? I only bought 2 cans of it because it was cheaper that the normal bottle of the stuff.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saline solution in a spray can? I've never seen or heard about that before. Are you sure it's for storing contact lenses? It might be a protein cleaner or a disinfectant. Be sure to read all the directions and precautions before using the product. This spray stuff might be cheaper but don't take chances when it comes to your eyes.

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HiroBarton
Neophyte
Member # 1924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiroBarton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Saline solution for contact lenses in a 12oz aerosol can.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen any type of contact lens solution in a spray can, but that may just be because they don't sell it here. The best thing to do, if you can't find the information you need on the can itself, is to pop by your optomotrist and ask about it.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was once advised never to change or mix brands of contact solution. so i've only used Bausch and Lomb whatever-it-is on my disposable Acuvues. i have never seen the aerosol stuff. not so much as a spritzer, either.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the spray can stuff and even used a bottle a number of years ago. (Like HiroBarton, I bought it because it was cheap.) I stopped for 2 reasons.

First, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't control the strength of the spray. It was quite strong and I sprayed my contact right out of the palm of my hand on more than one occasion. NOT fun.

Second, standard plastic saline solution bottles are usually #2 plastic, which is easily recyclable, or I used the small size for travel shampoo bottles. The spray cans don't recycle easily and aren't reusable--definitely not environmentally correct.

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, that's a new one to me. I happen to like the No-Rub stuff by the whoevers in the green bottle. No rub! No infections! Go whoevers with the green bottles!

------------------
Sarcasmic, orgasmic, fantasmic...

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! Alcon No-Rub. Of course, I never did rub after about the first month of having contacts -- the old Alcon and the "new" No-Rub are the SAME EXACT SOLUTION. Just slap "new" on the bottle and people love it. (Well, honestly it made me feel better about having not rubbed my lenses in a good long time.)

That reminds me I need to go buy another humongo-sized bottle of the stuff.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.