Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What's Your Sexual Holiday Gift...for Yourself?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Your Sexual Holiday Gift...for Yourself?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I don't do the holidays, but I know that a lot of you do, and this time of year often seems to be a good one for affirmations and plans in general.

So, howsabout you give yourself a holiday gift this year about your sexuality or something related to it?

Maybe that's finally seeking out and using a reliable method of birth control. Maybe it's about insisting that your partner -- not just you -- get STI testing. Maybe you are going to explore something you have wanted to, but haven't before. Maybe you're going to make some peace with your body, or try and start having sex in a way that's about pleasure, not just orgasm, or not about obligation. Maybe you're going to come out.

Gift yourself!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67209 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm exploring anal masturbation...

--------------------
I know there is an over the rainbow for me.

Posts: 84 | From: Algeria | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't do holidays either, but I was actually thinking about this very topic last night in the context of the solstice.

I want to give myself the gift of greater sexual self-expression, both in myself and with appropriate others. I've been wanting to talk to my therapist about some deep sexual issues for years now, and took a big step yesterday with her and got the ball rolling. I've wanted to write erotica and memoir about my sexual history for a long time too, and am beginning to feel the internal safety to do this. I'd like to give myself the gift of self-acceptance and loving-kindness as I navigate expressing these personal things.

In the spirit of all this, I also want to share my gratitude to Heather and Scarleteen for giving me a safe place to express myself. In the last few months I've written a lot of stuff here that I've had very few other outlets to express before, and it's really helped connect me with new sources of aliveness. Thank you.

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am aware that transparency with users is really important and this sounds like a good opportunity to practice it, so here I’ll go.

For me, I still to want to work on being more assertive/feeling more comfortable stating my own limits and boundaries, because my limits and boundaries are just as important as my partner’s.

Being assertive is something that I find very important but yet something that I also think I still need improvement with. I want to reach a point where I’m feeling totally comfortable saying no to sex to a partner when I don’t feel like having it at 100% and/or refusing to engage in sexual activities that I am not interested in without feeling guilty or bad about it. I want to put my pleasure on the same level as my partner’s, not my partner’s pleasure on a higher level like I used to do because I now understand that I deserve it as much as my partner does. This might be something that feels natural for a lot of people but that’s something that I’m personally still struggling with sometimes.

So that’s about it for me.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sexual holiday gift to myself is to not have sex that I do not want to have. Period!

Also, I want to work on (and give myself permission to) feel okay about my body, sexually and in general. My old body/self isn't going to magically reappear, and I want to be okay with that.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celibacy.

Seriously. I'm done for a good long while.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.