Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » how to hide nipples?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to hide nipples?
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neha-RoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i was thinking of asking this question for a long time.
i have a normial height with 34C breasts with normal size nipples. the problem is i like wearing tight shirts and no matter which bra i wear, my nipples are easy to "pictureize" on my shirt. i have seen almost every co-worker (even some girls), my classmates look at them. i dont like wearing bras all the time as it gets too hot where i work. the problem is horrendeous when i sweat as the shirt tends to stick to my skin.

as another problem, sometimes i wear those loose cleavege showing dresses. and is there any way to prevent "accidents"? i cant wear bras inside it and well, ummm... the edge of the dress just sometimes just hooks on my nipple. please help!!
any solutions??

Posts: 42 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, these may be a bit hard to find, but some lingerie stores carry little nipple pasties- they're like little sticky bits of fabric that just stick to your nipples and help cover them. I have absolutely no clue whether those would be easy to find in India though!

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leabug's right. There are those nipple pastie sort of things, the look like flesh toned flowers almost. Additionally, you may be able to find them if there's a large department store near you, with a good lingerie section.

For dresses, if they seem to kindof fall down on you, and your nipple is exposed- I think that's what you meant, but correct me if I'm wrong... Doublestick tape can be a good thing, but not a sure thing... that'd mean taking a small piece and taping the dress to where you'd like it to stay on your chest. Again, not always a sure thing, though I do know in some places they make doublestick tape now that is more "able" to stick to fabrics... Could be worth a try...

Again, I can't guaruntee that any of these work... I'm a 34E myself, and it simply hurts if I don't wear a bra so I've never tried any of these things myself. Though my sister and mother have both used the little nipple pasties and think they work quite well...

[ 04-12-2008, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: hs123 ]

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neha-RoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lea and hs123,
does these pasties require a bra over it? i mean i wear a bra just to make my nipples a bit less visible! and well i think i should mention it, my nipples are quite hard most of the time. so will it be safe to use pasties for a long time? is it comfortable?

Posts: 42 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think these pasties REQUIRE a bra over them... And with anything, even bras, it's possible that there could be some irritation if you have sensitive skin.

Here's a site that sells them... SO you can see all about it... I use this site all the time to buy my lingerie...
This is the general page for "adhesive solutions"
http://www.barenecessities.com/catalog.asp?drv=&nxs=42&size=&vendor=&price=&style=19
But I think leabug and I were both talking about something more like this...
http://www.barenecessities.com/Fashion-Forms-Breast-Petals-3-Pack_product_FashionForms555_,search,.htm

All of these are good solutions though...

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people do wear both the pasties and a bra to help cover up their nipples (I had a coworker who did that because she worked in a cold building and her nipples were always erect from the temperature), but it's really your choice. They don't require it.

As for whether it's safe- it depends on the glue the pasties use, I think. I once tried out a cheap pair and was very allergic to the glue, so I got rashes and itchiness on my nipples. If you go for a high-quality one, though, you may find them less irritating.

As far as comfort goes, if I hadn't have been allergic, I don't think I'd have noticed them- they probably would have been pretty comfortable.

[Edit: Whoops, mindmeld!! And yes, hs123, those breast petals were the sort of thing my friends have used and found to work VERY well. They don't have glue right on the nipple part, too, which is great- the ones I tried had adhesive on the whole thing, and that really was irritating.]

[ 04-12-2008, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

thank you sooooo much hs123 and lea!! one more thing pasties and consealers are the same thing?

it gets so weird when they are visible! i feel like naked in front of everyone! out of fustration one day, i put duct tape over it and after 1 hr, it started itching and the area was red! it was worst when i removed it! but i am sure i have found the solution now.

[ 04-12-2008, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: neha ]

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Yep, they're the same thing [Smile] Though I think those petals (the second link) might work better than little nipple concealers, since they're larger and offer a bit more coverage.

(And yikes!! Duct tape on nipples is not a fun situation!)

--------------------
Lea

Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

fun?? no not at all [Smile] their hardness somewhat increased after that!
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Yeah, I second what lea says. Though my sister is a 34C and she's also used the adhesive body bra- It's that last one on the page-- for a little extra lift. So if you're into that, go for it...
I've found everything on this site to be of pretty nice quality, so I think it's a good place to start if you can't find them anywhere else.
Good Luck!

Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

thank you soo much hs123! this problem has been stressing me out for a long time. it is really uncomfortable situation.
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

ok, i tried looking for the petals and consealers but they are not available.. any suggestions? this thing is really bothering me
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

You could probably order them online, but I'd imagine the cost of shipping would be a bit expensive...
I dunno, lemme think about it- see if I can come up with anything...

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make sure that at least someone puts a nod in here to not bothering with any of this stuff.

In other words, if you're in a situation where you're at work, school, what have you, just choose clothes that aren't so tight or so low-cut.

When you're in situations where you feel more comfortable, and where it's just not a big deal to have your nipples make themselves visible sometimes -- as nipples just tend to do -- then go with the other stuff.

Might people look? Yes, people might look: people do that. But if you're going really low cut or very tight in clothing, that just tends to be part of the deal. If you're not okay with people looking, then choose something to wear that's more modest, since that'd be more in line with what you want.

But overall, it's totally normal for nipples to be obvious sometimes, and it's really up to other people to learn tact with that and accept our bodies as they are. Going nuts spending money on things that you probably just don't need, or investing a lot of energy in this just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. (And I say this as someone who, for the record, has always had very prominent nipples, so when I'm, say, giving talks, where I just feel I don't want anyone to be distracted, I just choose to wear a suit jacket over my shirt or sweater or what=-not.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

I definitely agree with Heather.
However, if you want to wear tight clothing, I can really only think of the same solution, which you can buy online.
Amazon.com probably has the cheapest international shipping rates.
Good Luck.

Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

thank you hs123 and heather! u're a sweatheart [Smile]

well, i work part time in a export house, and my job is to monitor the store records. that involves a lot of running around, the store is not airconditioned and usually it's very hot there. to cope up the heat, i sacrifice on the bra and i have to wear thin tops. now, my main office is in the airconditioned building. and this contact of sharp cold air makes the obvious, very obscene.

i cant wear a jacket as i have to run around with lots of papers and stuff. and it is really hot. i mean even with just a thin shirt on, i start to sweat in a matter of seconds.

then after this i have to rush srtaight to my evening classes. i can wear a jacket there but i dont feel like because of all the sweat.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's too hot to wear a jacket, what about wearing a thin cloth vest over your shirt. You wouldn't have to deal with the extra heat from the sleeves, and then you could simply leave it on for your class in the evening without having to worry about it being too hot there either.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

hey ppl! i figured out a way!! [Smile] i wear a white shirt, so i have put a patch of surgical tape on the inside, just over the area where my nipples used to touch. it's hard enough to conseal it.. i hope it works..

and once again, thanks everyone for being there for me!!

[ 04-21-2008, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: neha ]

Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

help help

the tape idea backfired! now it's red and itchy [Frown]

orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried putting some aloe on your nipples? That should take away the itchiness and soothe them. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions on what to use to conceal your nipples as I've not had that problem myself. I hope they get better.

To put a little perspective on it, though, my mother is almost 60 and a college professor. Her nipples show through a lot (she had 5 kids and breastfed all of them, so she says they are now hard pretty much 24/7), but she doesn't really worry about it and just ignores it. Her students still have just as much respect for her and don't dare to say anything about it.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

thanks orca!

i understand that i can just ignore it, but being 60 and a college professor! it's a lot different than a 19 yr working - studying girl, people do look at them! i mean all age groups! sometimes even girls! i feel sooo odd!

Lastonestanding.
Neophyte
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lastonestanding.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading your post step i have come to the conclusion that i no nothing about wearign a bra..in the heat.. so.... yeah post edited xD

but really.. is it that uncomfortable?

[ 05-01-2008, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Lastonestanding. ]

--------------------
You can tell me anything. I won't get mad.

Posts: 10 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lastonestanding: Comments like that really are neither helpful not warranted. Being a male (unless you’ve taken to wearing a bra yourself - which is certainly your personal choice) it’s fair to say that you really don’t understand how uncomfortable bras can be in the heat. In the future, threads such as this would be better left for the female users to participate in.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
So_Very_Nieve
Neophyte
Member # 37973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for So_Very_Nieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tip on pasties: Band-aids can HURT.
I do Rocky Horror, which sometimes involves stripping (well, my friends do, not me though) and they use band-aids for pasties. They don't seem to have problems with it. I decided to try to use them to hide my nipples when I was in a drag show (I have small enough boobs that they didn't need to be bound), and when I took them off... some of my boob skin came with it and it burned for a couple days.

Posts: 28 | From: A building | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i understand that i can just ignore it, but being 60 and a college professor! it's a lot different than a 19 yr working - studying girl, people do look at them! i mean all age groups! sometimes even girls!
...and age rarely changes that. In other words, the idea that more people will look at your breasts because you're 19 than they would at a 60-year-old woman's breasts isn't sound. Would that it was, but it's really not as different as I think you have the impression it is.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.