Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Infection??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infection??
Chelsey
Activist
Member # 35913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelsey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i have these little bumb in my vagina it sorta hurts,and ive also been sick , fever puke dizzy any ideas on what this is
Posts: 90 | From: A town tx | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be clear: the bumps are inside your vagina? In other words, you can't see them externally, but only feel them with a finger when you put it into your vaginal opening?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelsey
Activist
Member # 35913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelsey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea?can you help me

--------------------
-Chy

Posts: 90 | From: A town tx | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you've been sexually active for some time, and to my understanding have also had unprotected sex as well. So, if you have not started getting yearly sexual healthcare, including STI screenings, you really should schedule a screening now, especially while those bumps are present.

What those are, it's tough to say without more description than simply that there are bumps, but since you will have had possible STI risks, an infection would be the first thing you'd want to rule out.

In terms of the fever and feeling dizzy and vomiting, I'd say those are symptoms to discuss with your general doctor, so if they also can do an STI screening for you and a pelvic exam -- and most can -- it'd be ideal to get all that looked at. But chances are those symptoms are related to something else entirely, even just a flu virus.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelsey
Activist
Member # 35913

Could me being sick have any thing to do with the bumps?

--------------------
-Chy

Heather
Member # 3

It's hard to say, but I'd reckon they are probably two different things.

Regardless, even if you had NO symptoms, given you have been sexually active for some times, you need yearly STI screenings. Given that has been unprotected at least once, you need that even more. So, no matter what? You need to get a screening, and since you have bumps NOW a doctor could look at, doing it as soon as possible would be ideal.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Chelsey
Activist
Member # 35913

but i cant go to the doctor amd i rely dont think its an std...im 13

--------------------
-Chy

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thing is Chelsey, your age doesn't make a difference. You've had unprotected sex, so you have been at risk for STIs. You need to go get checked out by a doctor. If you can't go to your regular doctor, you can check out the Planned Parenthood website to find a clinic near you.

[ 02-07-2008, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelsey
Activist
Member # 35913

But he was a virgin...and i cant go to the doc. Is there somin i can put on it?

--------------------
-Chy

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he had absolutely no sexual contact with anyone else before you, then there's certainly less risk, but it doesn't mean there's NO risk of STIs.

We're not saying that it's 100% for sure an STI, but it's a possibility. Either way, you do need to get these bumps checked out- we're not doctors, and we can't diagnose things (even if we were, you can't diagnose things like bumps without seeing them in person). We can't tell you if there's something to put on it because we don't know what it is, and only a doctor or gyn can tell ya.

Why can't you go to the doctor?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::Edit: mindmeld.::

[ 02-08-2008, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.