Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Dream?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream?
Aimalicious
Activist
Member # 34100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really didnt know where to put this topic.
I guess it's sorta, soul related.

I keep having dreams maybe once a month about being pregnant, and in every dream I always see the baby's foot poking out of my belly and the baby's daddy (my bf) is touching it with a smile on his face.

But thing is, we're both much too young for that and it's both of our greatest fear.
We've had false scares before.
But not for a while now.

And what's weird is my parents are okay with it in my dream, when in reality they would flip. And my boyfriend's dad flips in my dream.

Why do i keep having these dreams?
Is it because im scared of becoming pregnant?
Is it a warning?
Or maybe because my 17 year old friend recently gave birth and another friend of mine is pregnant with the 17 yr old's nephew.
strange?

Posts: 144 | From: MA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakanga
Neophyte
Member # 35895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rakanga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this will help, but, here goes nothing!

I would say it's because of the events in your life. You CAN control your dreams, I do a lot. If I want to dream about, let's say, my dog biting her nails, I can and will. Your brain still functions okay when you're asleep- just not as good when you're awake. It can handle certain things and can't others. Try thinking about something else besides the dreams when you go to sleep, and don't think about your boyfriend. Think about.. oh, rabbits. Or lightsabers. =P

Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not an expert, but...

I've never put a lot of stake into interpreting dreams because it's impossible to really know if everyone dreams the same way you do, isn't it? Things that hold great significance for me might not for you and vice-versa, so everyone is going to end up taking away different feelings and meanings from essenitally the same dream.

That said, there are a lot of different theories on why we dream. Some people say it's your brain sorting through the day's short-term memories and deciding what needs to be stored and what needs to be thrown out and what should be stored. Others say it's a place where your mind gets free range to work through any problems. Still others hold that it's a random firing of synapses that your rational brain tries to make sense of by putting everything into a surreal story.

If you're having reccuring dreams about being pregnant, it could certainly be because you're worried and you're mind is trying to work through it or because it's something that you're thinking about a lot and that carries over into sleep.

If the dreams are leaivng you with a feeling of unease or if they're really getting to you, I have heard a few tricks that are supposed to help.

-writing out your entire dream at anytime, but especially when you've just woken up from it, can help you see the dream to completion and get it off your chest, so to speak.

-talking out dreams can also help. Would your boyfriend be willing to provide a sympathetic ear? Sometimes telling things to people who know you and your situation can do worlds of good.

-being very relaxed before you go to sleep might possibly take away some of the anxiety that's causing these dreams. Take time to read a pleasant book, listen to some music or take a hot bath. Lavender is also supposed to have calming effects.

I hope some of those help.

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aimalicious
Activist
Member # 34100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can you control your dreams?
I may have done that like, once.
I think its impossible.
Doesnt your brain, do just about whatever?

Posts: 144 | From: MA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.