Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Finding and Choosing the Right Doctor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finding and Choosing the Right Doctor
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, a good health care provider can be hard to find - limitations on transportation options, money, insurance, plain old poor selection or variety and even your family can also put limitations on finding a good general practitioner, gynecologist, dermatologist, therapist, psychologist, or whatever type of medical provider you may need.

Despite all of that, you shouldn't have to lower your standards for getting the best possible treatment in any situation! You should be able to walk into a doctor's office and know what you're looking for and how to ask for it.

So, I have some questions for you, so you can be prepared to ask your prospective doctors all the right questions to find one who fits for you!

-What sort of qualities are a must when finding a person who is going to be partially responsible for your mental and physical well-being?
-What sort of qualities are an absolute "NO!" when it comes to choosing a health care provider?
-Is the doctor's gender an issue for you? If yes, why?

Does anyone have any good pointers, any doctor success stories, etc. that may help users in the future for finding the right doc?

What about horror stories? Anything we should be aware of walking straight through the door?

(I'll add mine later!)

(Edited the title, to see if it attracts some more attention!)

[ 09-23-2007, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.