Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » avoiding embarassment.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: avoiding embarassment.
thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Icon 11 posted      Profile for thejoesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a sophomore in HS going to my second dance. My first, in my freshman year, was terrible. During one of the faster songs, I uhh... 'popped one', which was felt and very embarassing. Any ideas on how to prevent this on Friday?

--------------------
Ya Basta! Enough is Enough! - ezln

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to save the world.
-Nelson Mandela

Posts: 23 | From: Buffalo,NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming that by "popped one," you mean that you got an erection.

There's not really much you can do about that. Especially with younger men, it's pretty common to have erections happen at what your mind may think are inconveinent times. Your body is just responding to what's going on around you. Your best bet is not to worry about it. It's something that happens, and it happens to everybody. Furthermore, everybody (girls and guys) knows that it's a pretty common occurance...so it's not like this will be some shocking, unknown occurance. So really, no worries. If it happens, it happens. Don't go deliberately rubbing it on people who don't want to be rubbed on...but otherwise, just accept it as a natural occurance, and move on.

(Also, in the future, please try to avoid slang. I'm not that old and English is my first language...but I still had to go look up what "popped one" meant. For folks who aren't up with the current or regional slang or for those for whom English isn't their first language, slang makes life really difficult. Just call it what it is.)

[ 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.