Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Breast Lump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breast Lump
BriBri00
Neophyte
Member # 27290

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BriBri00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry if I vent too much information but I just got back from my Planned Parenthood appt. I've only had sex once and that was about two weeks ago and since then I decided to take responsibility and have a pelvic exam. I also wanted to see if I could get on the pill too. Well while they did my exam the doctor told me she found a lump in my breast. Ive felt it before but its always been there and now I'm panicking because I thought it was just suppose to be there. Then she tells me that due to the lump I cant get on the pill which was my whole point in having the appt. Not only that but if I dont take care of it in a month than they will have to contact my mother because it would be a possible health risk to me if I dont get it checked. Its not that I have a problem with telling my mother...its just that before I made the appt I actually tried to talk to her about the pill and just other sexual health questions and just pretty much in a nutshell she shut me down. So now I have this dilemna of 1) I have to talk to my mother AGAIN and 2) I have a lump in my breast. I'm gonna try and calm down and stop crying. And by chance do you have any information on breast lumps?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your mother shut you down during a conversation on the pill the first time, simply don't mention the birth control aspect this time around. Tell her you booked an exam because you were interested in keeping up with your reproductive health, and this is what they found.

As for whether breast lumps are normal, it seems as if lumpiness can occur during puberty as just natural variation in breast tissue, but can also be a benign form of cyst known as fibroadenoma. However, the best person to explain what it could be is the doctor who examined you. If she didn't give you information during your examination, calling the office to ask is perfectly reasonable.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.