Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Muscle Strain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle Strain
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few mornings ago I had sex in the shower. I might not have been turned on enough, but the pain I got from it wasn't anything normal from not being aroused. I got the worst headache I have had in my life. It was localized in the nape/back of my head, and it lasted for a good 15-20 minutes, even after we had finished. Then, two days later, the same thing happened, except it was at night and in my bed. And today, while I was doing Tae-Bo, I had the headache again. And now, even a half hour later, my neck is SO tight. I'm icing it, but it's not helping, and neither is the Motrin I took.

Has anyone ever had this experience? My mother thinks its a pulled muscle, which could be- I just started doing the Tae Bo tapes again, and using weights in my pilates exercises, so I could have pulled something. But I didn't feel it until that morning in the shower. And that was standing, the second time was on my back, and the third time was doing some weird kickboxing move.

Any advice?

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Applying heat, if it's a pulled muscle, is better than ice. Ice will reduce swelling if you have any, but heat will loosen a tense muscle. Ice tenses it up more.

If a heat pack and the analgesics don't help in the next couple days, I;d suggest you see your doctor.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.