Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Yeast Infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeast Infection?
FakeASmile
Neophyte
Member # 23048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FakeASmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking an antibiotic for an recent root canal. I took them for almost 5 days a few weeks back and a few days this weekend, due to having to go back for more work done on the root canal.

I've noticed recently that it's very sore and tender on the inside down there. Not itchy and my discharge is the same as always, so it seems. Just sore and red.

Not sure what else this could be but a yeast infection but I wanted to ask for an opinion. I am not sexually active, never have been so that rules out any std's and such.

Posts: 7 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entiely possible.

Since it sounds like it's not yet full-blown, I;d suggest trying -- and go get this ASAP -- to rebalance yourself with either some acidophilus supplements, or just by getting some plain, organic yogurt, both to eat, and to use as a pessary for a couple of days to hopefully fend off an infection at the pass. Inserting a clean clove of garlic into the vaginal canal -- odd as it sounds -- each night as you sleep -- then removing it in the morning -- can also sometimes accomplish that.

If that doesn't help, or symptoms get worse, then see your doc to verify it is, in fact a yeast infection, and if so, to get it treated.

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FakeASmile
Neophyte
Member # 23048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FakeASmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.. I shall definetly try these.

Posts: 7 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FakeASmile
Neophyte
Member # 23048

Also, wanted to ask. What else could this be if it turns out to not be a yeast infection? Is the list too long ..or is it just to hard to say, since you cannot phyiscally see the problem?

It's just weird because with everything I've looked up on yeast infection, it doesn't seem like what I've got although they do say, you don't have to have all symptoms. Mine is mainly just really sore and red. Could it be something like a simple rash from toilet tissue or something? Or does it immediately have to be something more?

I did get the garlic though, so I will try that for the next few nights and hopefully, that clears up my problems here.

Sarah Bunny
Neophyte
Member # 26854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah Bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep using the garlic and eating the yogurt a good long time after things clear up. You don't want yeast gaining a stronghold and then you get a chronic problem. Also, cut down on the sugar. Yeast loves sugar.
Posts: 3 | From: CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.