Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Perfect?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perfect?
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'm obese but I have a small pudge on my lower stomach...every guy I know wants a girl with a perfect stomach...are all you guys like that?!?!?
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
simply: nope.

really, obsessing over your body is a bad bad thing. almost EVERY female has at least a "small pudge" in her stomach, it's the way we're built.

so, relax and learn to love it.

(psst--and guys who are really *that* concerned with whether or not you've got a perfect stomach, well, maybe you should shop elsewhere.)

------------------
tie a knife with a ribbon
with a red, red ribbon

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some guys are attracted to that "small pudge" they like a girl that can show shes healthy and eats enough. My boyfriend, for example loves it on girls, but mines not really that way. But trust me its no where near perfect either.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunetly, I don't have a choice of'shopping elsewhere'. I live in a small town with very few people. And the other towns around are small as well and aren't any better.So I'm just stuck dang it!
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, if "all" guys (as you claim) are only interested in "perfect" bodies free of a little cushioning around the middle, free of stretch marks, free of zits, or whatever, then they're probably going to spend a lot of time alone.

nobody is perfect. models are airbushed into oblivion. liposuction and plastic surgery is artificial.

really, you're making a mountain out of a tiny molehill. while it's important not to become obese since that carries realy health risks, not having a 6-pack tummy is not worth your worry.

btw, it's really not fair to say "all" guys are looking for this, or that. they're not, and implying that they are is an insult to them as individuals. heck, did you not realize that there's a pretty noticeable group of guys who don't even want women at all?

the important thing is to stay healthy. one or two details are not going to ruin your chances. and if the dating pool is too shallow, or just needs some chlorine, then don't go swimming

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I have noticed in some situations when it seems like *everybody* wants the same thing is that they often feel like they should. I have spent time with some guys from really small communities who said they felt like they were supposed to like 98lb 5'8 blond girls when in reality they really wanted a 5'2 150lb brunette.

BTW, my boyfriend finds the 'perfect' stomach to be anything but perfect. He downright oogles at girls that have pudges and short shirts that show it off. He too used to feel like he wasnt 'allowed' to like that.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Your probably right about certain guys feeling as though they have to like a certain type of girl. Now that I think about it, we have maybe 2 guys in our whole school that think for theirselves. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully one day I'll find a guy like yours!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.