Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » birth control and acne

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: birth control and acne
reese
Neophyte
Member # 11409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello

i am currently using 3 things to get my acne under control, one happens to be birth control. I no many people have used this in the past for acne, including, my mom ,and it worked pretty good. I know getting rid of acne takes time but im wondering how long should it be before i should expect results? i have been using other two treatmesnt for almost amonth and the pill for about a week and ahlf. it seemed like it was gettung better for a littlw while but lately i fell my skin looks horrible. if you have used the pill to control acne could yopu mayb share your experiecne with it? thanx

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will take quite a bit of time. Much more than a month. I took monodox for atleast 3 months with no results, and it took another 2 on tetracylene to really get the acne undercontrol. That's in addition to my ortho tricylence, which I was on for 2 years. I recently went off tetracylene and the pill and switched to the patch, and it stayed fairly under control. I still get the occasional cyst-like thing (genetic from my dad) but it's okay for the most part.

------------------
No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*hopelesslydevoted*
Neophyte
Member # 15619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *hopelesslydevoted*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

I have been on orthotricyclin for about a year and a half now. I dont know which pill you are on but on mine side effects may not show up until up to the third month, and for others even longer. I had pretty bad acne when I went on it and within 2 months I saw dramatic results. I also had a little bit on my back and it totally disappeared too Different pills work in different ways on every individual because everyone is different, so I'm not guarenteein that same will happen for you but good luck

Posts: 16 | From: On, Can | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking Ortho Tri-cyclen lo for 6 months and I began getting results in the second month. The first month is completely wacked. It was like I was having on and off periods the entire month, but its fine now. I always know the day I'm going to start and what to expect. My skin is practically clear but I get ocassional break-outs like 1 zit on my forehead and 1 on my chin, not bad at all. I've been randomly washing my face also because I'm letting my skin take care of its self with its natural balance, sometimes I need to wash my face though. But it also depends on the type of skin you have, if I wash my face it gets dried out and so I have to put lotion on it(as a balancer) and when I don't wash it, it feels a bit greasy. So I only wash it about once in every two days.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.