Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What makes you feel good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What makes you feel good?
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this isn't already a thread but here goes:
recently I was making a scrapbook of this summer program I went to and I remembered my last day there. I knew everyone in the company from before, but wasn't really friends with them until that summer and as I left the dressing room on the last day, knowing that I wouldn't see most of them for years, I was very sad. I said goodbye to everyone and walked out. Before the door shut I heard a light-hearted laugh and "I love Caitlin, she's so sweet." It was so simple but it made me feel so good that I can't get it out of my head.
Has anyone made you feel special/good/happy recently?

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. what makes me feel good.

Oh, um, a guy that I used to not be able to stand (seriously despised him) and that really didn't like me when we first met, kinda' became friends after a while, and he hugged me at a party.

thats the last thing anyways

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helping the tiny, pathetic-looking fuzzball Animal Control found in a dump turn into a healthy, happy little kitten is pretty gratifying. She was weaned much too early, and bottle-raised by a volunteer, who I can only assume is an incredible person, wasn't looking too great when we got her, but is now shiny, not too skinny, dextrous, intelligent, and really loving. It's nice occasionally seeing our efforts result in something concrete.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

The Earth says Hel-lo!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly_hellion
Activist
Member # 15028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly_hellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes me feel good is knowing that I have some one to stand by my side no matter what. Some one to hug me and kiss me. Some one to kick me in the arse when I slack off. My fiance makes me feel good. I love to be in love!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 48 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
four words: I'm going to Disneyland!

yes. right now. bbl!

------------------
Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pure, simple, solitary Alex Time.

(thought: it might be a good idea to add that I am Alex.)

------------------
got a haircut, got a silver tooth
gonna get myself arrested

[This message has been edited by MarvellousPurple (edited 10-17-2003).]

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpeas0214
Activist
Member # 15069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpeas0214     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAving one of the chilrdren that I work with come to me on the playground and give me a big hug for no reason and say that they love you. It makes me feel so good that I am makign a difference in little lives.

My fiance also makes me feel pretty good!

Posts: 57 | From: Knoxville, Tn, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkyboo
Neophyte
Member # 14920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love when I work really hard on something and put a lot of thought into it, and then getting it back with a big fat A on the front.
Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting <u>Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone</i> in Latin for my birthday...and realizing that after 2 1/2 semesters of Latin, I can actually read it! :-D
Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah I'm in first year latin and its hella hard. I cant read, the cases really screw me up
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeekaz190
Neophyte
Member # 15230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeekaz190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a Friend,
Giving a Hug
Recieving a Hug
Agnowledging You are Not always Right.
Motivational Quotes.
And Dreaming

Zeekaz

Posts: 6 | From: Ozzi Ozzi Ozzi, OI OI OI | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Being at home alone for the first time in almost two months.
*Making plans for a vacation with friends for February
*Making plans to live in another city over the summer and possibly over next year

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl8706
Activist
Member # 13227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl8706     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What make's me feel good is knowing that I have atleast one good friend that I can spill my gut's out too, and not have to worry about her judging me!

------------------

"Don't question my hippness!-Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts

Posts: 56 | From: Back In The sticks of Missouri | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 2 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only true happiness of feeling good is simply Isaiah in both GOOD & BAD times

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 10 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a paper done and being satisfied with it (I'm just in a very school-oriented state of mind at the moment…procrastination does that)!

- Duelist

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 5 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was hiding with a friend from her daughter in a little game of hid and seek. as Natalie (the little girl came around the bend i said oh you found me so that she would not see her father. just after the game her father and i put her down for nap that is when he said "see that is why i lve you so much" i felt my heart explode when he said that i have never looked at him the same now there is this rose tint

------------------

Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.