Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Crest Whitestrips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crest Whitestrips
sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used Crest WhiteStrips before? I just got my braces off and ive been using them for a few days now and i just was wondering if they've made any difference in anyone.
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried them for a few weeks, and I really didn't see a difference. Also I hated the texture and taste when I took them off, so I stopped using them. That's just my opinion and experiance with them. May be different for others.

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my dentist has told me many times before, be wary of teeth whitening products. If overused or incorrectly used or if you just buy a really bad product, you can do a bit of damage to your tooth enamel. These whitening products work by oxidizing your tooth enamel, bleaching it. This actually weakens your enamel making your teeth more prone to decay.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also, to add to what gummdrop said, i noticed that my teeh became extremely sensitive after using a toothpaste with whitening agents in it. i never really had a problem with sensitive teeth before but they really started hurting. my mom said the same thing happened to her and we linked it to the whitening toothpaste. my dentist said it was the bleaching chemicals that was causing the sensitivity so i started using toothpaste for sensitive teeth and gradually started using regular toothpaste again and no more pain! kiss my face has a great line of natural, organic health and beauty products, including toothpaste. i have not tried their toothpaste yet but they have one that is supposed to whiten teeth but only contains natural ingredients. might be worth checking out. www.kissmyface.com
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i assumed they'd be alright because my orthodontist was the one that gave me a whole bunch of them and said when you run out if you want go buy a box. I dont really see a difference because they put one on before i even had a chance to see my teeth without braces. But my family is saying they see some difference. If this doesnt work my mom said that i could get a bleaching kit from my dentist, but thats expensive.
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.