Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Restless Leg Syndrome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Restless Leg Syndrome
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately my legs from mid-thigh down to my ankles feel like I can't get them comfortable. Like when I lay down to go to sleep, they feel well... restless. My Mom is an RN and I asked her, and she said I have poor circulation, and that can result in "Restless Leg Syndrome". Apparently my biological father had it, and I'm thinking I inherited it. Can anyone tell me a little bit about it, and if there are any cures for it, or ways to make it not as uncomfortable when it occurs?? It seems to be the biggest problem for me when I've been on my feet a lot during the day, or I'm riding my horse for long periods of time, without getting off and stretching my legs, or taking my feet out of the stirrups. I'd appreciate ANY information, thanks so much!

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walking helps circulation in your leg. that's because veins (but not arteries!) are helped by the muscles around them to push blood back to the heart. And stretch regularly. like if you're sitting in front of the tv, stretch out a bit, especially calves and the like.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dans Girl_friend
Neophyte
Member # 12396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dans Girl_friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PrettyGirlSuffering you should direct your queiry to www.google.co.uk

and search on "restless leg syndrome"

Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 3 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the info, I'm looking it up now!

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.