Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Back Question

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back Question
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have sculiosis (sp?) but it isn't very bad. Last time I went to the doctor they said the curve went down from 18 degrees to 12 in two years, so hopefully it will keep decreasing. My concern is that one of my hips is noticably bigger than the other, and I was wondering if this had to do with my back? It bothers me, a lot. Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks so much

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is one of those things you're going to have to ask the doctor who's treating you about.

(Sorry, I know that's not a very satisfying answer, but s/he would really know best, since they know your case.)

As for something you can do about it, you can ask about that at the same time.

Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no expert, but I've never been affected with scoliosis (I don't think i spell it right either ) and my right hip is bigger than my left. But, it probably could because my best friend had scoliosis and one hip was higher than the other.

/my 2 cents

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Shy One
Member # 6815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Shy One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no expert, but Scoliosis can make one hip appear bigger than the other due to the fact that people with serious Scoliosis tend to sit on one hip more than the other because of the way their spine is curved. Then again, Scoliosis may have nothing to do with one's hip being larger than the other. You could have been born that way, or there could be other reasons.

As I said in the beginning of my post, I'm not an expert. If you want to know if the fact that one of your hips appears bigger than the other has anything to do with your condition, I'd ask your doctor. He/She will have the answers you need.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7562

Icon 2 posted      Profile for QTpyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have scoliosis and i think it is normal for one hip to be bigger than the other. My right hip is a little higher because of the scoliosis and I think that my left shoulder is a little higher too.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" -Albert Einstein

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3