Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What are good traits

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are good traits
SuperFat
Neophyte
Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperFat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean traits as in bodily hair, eyes (color/ size), face features, personality. Which do you guys prefer for those, cause I don't know if i have a good personality or not, but i think i am lacking in my physical looks area (quite a bit).
Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You really need to stop concentrating on what other people think of your looks. If you think they're okay, for your standards, then they are. If you don't think they are, then you need to either find something to do to change it, or just accept that this is the way you are. You may not be able to completely get rid of your acne, or make your ears smaller (just examples), but you CAN change your attitude towards them. So why don't you concentrate on doing that?
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think your nickname is a good indication of your obviously, well lets say warped sense of self image. Chances are you aren't half the things you believe you are. There is no such thing as a perfect features and no perfect body. And chances are, if there was, it would not be 5'11 and 110 lbs.
Forget about being what you think everyone else wants you to be.

(what do you wanna bet i said the same thing as smurf? i have no orginality)

[This message has been edited by killer_raincoat (edited 05-30-2002).]

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperFat
Neophyte
Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperFat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok well first of all, im not fat this is kind of a group friend thing we have going on here. Just to get that out of the way.
Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wouldn't matter if you were fat. For whatever reason, you seem to think that looks matter. To some people they do, and to some they don't. Do they matter to you? Why? Do you think you'd be a better person w/ smaller ears and less acne? What defines a 'good person'?

Just some things to think about ... Okie? I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, i just think your body image could use a little work.

Why not check out Heather Corrina's body image article here??

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can't speak for everybody, but i'm sure a good number of folks will agree when say that the following traits are *good* to have:

self-confidence
a sharp wit, sense of humor
smarts
kindness to others
respect

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'd say glossy short fur, bright amber eyes, and a cute little white patch on the belly are my favourites, but when I'm with my other cats I'd go for silky gold fur, on a long, slender frame and pale green eyes, or a lustrous grey mane and wonderfully fat tummy. Chances are, if I'm with a cat I love I'll know they're absolutely gorgeous. I'm like that with people too. If I dig you, you will look good to me, whether you're tall and skinny and have dark brown eyes, or short and fat and have shiny blonde hair. I could spend hours telling you how attractive the people I love are, and really, it's all based on loving them.

------------------
Why scream and cry when you know it's true?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 05-31-2002).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with gumdrop when i say i think attractive traits are...

-independence
-a sense of humor
-matureness
-confidence
-respect

what's the point in being with someone if they just have a pretty face? then you have *nothing* to talk about, and that sure as heck aint fun.

really, everyone *is* beautiful in there own way. if they weren't... well then we'd all look alike!!!!

*edit* spell check

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 05-31-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pomgirlKelly05
Neophyte
Member # 8383

Icon 7 posted      Profile for pomgirlKelly05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe SuperFat didn't exactly word her question right or whatever, but I think she has a right to ask it. You know? I mean, this is a good, honest website and we all share our good, honest opinions all the time, right? I know that I am curious to know what others consider "pretty" to be. (even though, yeah, I know, it's what's inside that counts). But, you know, I just think it's an interesting concept and a fair question.

------------------
~*Kelly*~

Posts: 17 | From: Georgetown, Alabama, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperFat
Neophyte
Member # 8372

Whoa Whoa Whoa Who said I was a girl?
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles* SuperFat, I'm afraid it happens fairly often that people think others are male/female/other, when actually they're something else than what the person thought.

Maybe we should use GNP's (Gender-Neutral Pronouns)... Then there'd be less mixups. Not that mixups aren't amusing.

------------------
"And if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence" --Pop Will Eat Itself - Ich Bin Ein Auslander

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.