Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » The Flipside of Shaving Pubes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Flipside of Shaving Pubes
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ever heard of a merkin? It's a pubic hair wig. Ppl wear them when they feel insecure about not having *enough* pubic hair. In Japan, one company produces the Night Flower, which is reportedly popular with young school girls who have to go on overnight trips with their peers and skittish new brides. In the States, they're available in sex shops.

Just a tidbit of info to ponder if you're ever wondering whether you should have your pubes or not. In a way, it says some folks never quite appreciate what they've got

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've indeed heard of these rather exotic hairpieces, but, er, how do you hold a wig on down there? Do they come in different styles and unusual colours? And why is there a baking chocolate brand named after them? Mysteries of the Bush . . .
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Milke, my guess is that you attach them in the same mysterious way that males attach hair replacement things to their bald head, or fake chest hair to their chest, or fake moustaches to their faces.

But then, imagine you're busy with a partner----and your pubic hair wig comes off. Hm. I think this would be a bit harder to explain than the wonderbra thing.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, Alaska. "...imagine you're busy with a partner----and your pubic hair wig comes off. Hm. I think this would be a bit harder to explain than the wonderbra thing." (I forgot how to do a quote so I copy/pasted it. That was Alaska's quote, by the way)

Merkin. That's interesting. I've never heard of anyone wanting more pubic hair, but that's interesting. What do you do with more? Compare it with your friends'? Hm..

------------------
"Only in America, dreamin' in red white and blue."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What do you do with more?

the same thing you do with less. may yourself feel more sexually appealing ('cause some ppl are just never content with what they got )

think those things are attached with spirit gum?

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlutterBy01
Neophyte
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlutterBy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh heh.
This would be an interesting scene in the bathroom. Minding your own "business" when... whoosh... "hey, could you hand me my pubes?"
Well... that's not something I would do... I prefer less so goo doesn't get caught in it. Plus, if it gets too long I tend o have this wierd bumpy looking pattern on my bathing suit. I'm not worried about what anyone thinks of my pubes, so far only I see em! So, I really see no reason to wear an umcomfortable wig... are you really so worried that the person who you are going to sleep with won't like you if you don't have enough pubes? Otherwise, I just find this really funny....

------------------
"He who has a thousand friends
Has not a friend to spare,
While he who has one enemy
Shall meet him everywhere." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Posts: 21 | From: Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds...itchy...

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlutterBy01:
... are you really so worried that the person who you are going to sleep with won't like you if you don't have enough pubes? Otherwise, I just find this really funny....

You know, that's actually the key of it: SO MANY people come here worrying about shaving their pubic hair and act as if it's the most important issue ever, and well, thinking about the opposite: worrying about too little pubes, just shows how ridiculous it ALL is, doesn't it?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i could imagine say a very late blooming 15 yo who has to take group showers after PE and who gets teased about his lack of development might be interested in such a thing, but imagine the ribbing he would get if it were ever discovered. then again i would imagine that such exotic hair peices would only be sold at sex shops, most of which don't allow those under 18 to enter, which would sort of present a catch 22
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.