Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » butt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: butt
justagirl
Neophyte
Member # 724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys, how are you? just have a question about my butt. i have been trying to tone my body, but i can't seem to get my butt in shape. does anyone know any exercises that are good to get the butt (or any other part) into shape? all of your comments and advice would be great. thanks
~K

Posts: 17 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that plain old brisk walking is good for tone. However, don't get too concerned about your back side- most likely, it is just naturally the shape that it is, and you should be happy with it. I know I spent a lot of time in high school trying to change the shape of my butt, when really it was curvy because it's supposed to be.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walking is good. as are lunges and squats. those will tone your tush and your thighs at the same time.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what ya mean, Bep ... My butt's pretty curvy too. Kinda like the rest of my body ...

What about those things where you lie down on your side and lift your leg up ... Ya know what i'm talking about, right? I dont know what it's called. Or if it even has a name. I know that when i do those, my butt muscles start to get sore after a while ... It must be doing something to/for them!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mountian climers, squats, swimming, and doing stairs would be at the top of the list. Also try getting down on hands and knees then sticking one leg straight back and holding it parallel to the ground as long as you can, then switch legs.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try like 8 Minute Buns or Buns of Steel.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walk backwards!! it tones your butt muscles!

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I could never, ever be seen dead in your shoes, because you always wear ugly shoes. --Thabo Mbeki

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashleigh W
Activist
Member # 1352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashleigh W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ walking backward

try rollerblading if youve got some..lol

ima try that walkin backward thing LOL

Posts: 57 | From: USA...that's all you need to know! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.