Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » what's ur fave colour and why?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what's ur fave colour and why?
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i'm someone with wishful thinking that the old sterotype that guys like blue and girls like pink is not necesarily true....thus my question...what's your fave colour and why?..what does it remind you of?..and can you match your fave colour to an emotion?...like for example you can say red is an angry/passionate/fiery colour..and blue is a calm/peaceful/cool colour..etc etc...get what i mean?

------------------
what-me-worry?

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beppie started a great topic, very similar to this one, right here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000760.html

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like red, black, purple, blue, and pink. I love all shades of these colors... but I find myself looking better in darker colors! So i basically wear red, black, and blue.

------------------
~*SHaNNa*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 12 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jjjjjjj

sorry....i had no clue...i'm sorta new to this and i was painting today and my mom asked me why i used a certain colour instead of another and i said i just felt like it...and that got me thinking about colours and moods....had no clue a similar topic was discussed previously...!

------------------
what-me-worry?

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 10 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and i forgot to add....but this is not about what colours you wanna wear, but what you LIKE and what makes u feel at peace or enegrgised or whatever and why it does that...not what colour you look good in..and liking a colour simply because you look good in it was not the question..hehe

------------------
what-me-worry?

SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brat, it's okay, really. This question isn't very common in comparison to some of the other ones we get. Welcome to the boards!
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donutduchess
Activist
Member # 4675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fav color is orange. When I see it, it brings energy, happiness, and uniqueness to me.

I love to wear it too.

I love bright colors, they make me feel more upbeat!

Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Slowcookie...yeah i know...atleast this question's been asked only once previously...i noticed the others that keep recurring waaaay more than this!...hehe..and thanks for the welcome!....

------------------
what-me-worry?

Amanda86
Neophyte
Member # 5151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite colors are pink and green.

Pink, it's so feminine, and I just love feminine stuff.

Green..I don't know, it's bold, and sort of retro-ish, at least in my mind (I love the 80's!). Makes me have lots of energy.

For colors i like to wear, light blue and burgundyish or dark purples. they look really good with my complexion and long long dark brown curly hair, I dunno.

Amanda

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MonkeyGurl7
Neophyte
Member # 4912

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MonkeyGurl7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My all time favorite color is PURPLE! The color is so joyous and happy. I like pink too but purple will always be the best.

------------------
MonkeyGurl7

Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like red and purple. Both in the darkest shades you can imagine If I'm wearing something in those colours I always team it up with jeans or something lighter so I don't look too goth hehehe

I also like white a lot, but not for clothes... it's a clean, fresh, pure, relaxing colour, and it can be vibrant at the same time, because it reflects light

My room is done on a checked pattern of light shades of pink and green though. Although those are not my favourite colours they go very well with the wood colour and are calm and relaxing too without being too boring

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 10 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool....my rooms this pale lilac colour...looks really peaceful..and yeah i agree, white is a gorgeous colour,...and i love dark red too..the burgundey sorta dark red..

------------------
what-me-worry?

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like pastels ... most of them. Any of them

I really like blue ... it symbolizes love, happiness, emotions, compassion ...

And white ... it symbolizes purity, kindness, refreshingness (is that a word? lol), honesty and calmness

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love really deep shades of red and purple and blue. but my favourite colour (well shade) has got to be black, i know that is really stereotypically goth, but i can't help it, i just love it! sitting in my room with candles everywhere and everything about me in red and black, it just cools me down after a fight, or puts me in a good mood for a party, it makes me feel sexy when it's all dark and morbid. this sounds like a really bad anne rice book doesn't it? vittorio here i come!

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue.
I just love it. I don't really know why.

But i have colour combinations i like too.

I love the colours of autumn. I think it's the most beautiful time.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like pink! I used to love it till I was 6 then never even look at that color till I was 11! hehe
But now pink is my all time fav. color. I like how its bright at sometimes and light and peaceful at others. Plus I just look fab. in Pink! :P!! I also like pink cuz its a "girlie" color. LoL! I always try to wear something thats pink like today im wearing a pink braclet. I like this post! YAH! Welcome bRaT!!

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Activist

*Mean People Suck*

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoahK24
Neophyte
Member # 5024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoahK24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like blue. I dunno why I like it, it's just my color.
Posts: 12 | From: Atlanta,GA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like blue b/c I find it very refreshing, calm and soothing...
Oh, and I like to wear it too

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark blue ~ It has that sort of bravery feeling and it represents peace, dignity, and confidence.

Baby blue ~ It gives off that sort of friendly, natural, peaceful, quiet, innocent feel. I think baby/light blue represent innocence.

Turquoise ~ Turquoise I think also represents confidence. Turquoise is a color that can be set for any mood, but mostly cheery moods and happiness. I love this color most of all because it's just beautiful and bright.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xJudy
Neophyte
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xJudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love pink. It's girly.

------------------
Judy & baby Eska

Posts: 23 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black: I lean more towards dark colors and, this being the darkest of them all, it is very peaceful and soothing to me.

Purple: To me, purple is more passionate than red. It also calms me down and fits my mood when I am excited.

Silver: Seeing this color makes me happy. Plus, I dislike gold, so all of my jewlery is silver.

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave colors are

Yellow: it's so happy and makes me think of spring (one of my fave seasons) and SUNSHINE! my friends and i have an inside joke about sunshine...

Red: It's bright and loud sometimes, but can be soothing and quiet at other times. just like me.

Blue: reminds me of the sky! Man, would you take a look at that sky, talk about blue!!

------------------
"Sing as if no one were listening, dance as if no one were watching, and live each day as if it were your last."

So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

"I think...therefore I'm single."

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashleigh W
Activist
Member # 1352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashleigh W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fave color is..uh..depending on what i feel like..if im pretty pissed, its red, if im extra happy, i guess its like yellow or orange..if you were to ask me at the moment its blue..for loneliness..i guess it just depends..i look good in most everything, except maybe purple, so i dont worry when im shopping to look for certain colors!
Posts: 57 | From: USA...that's all you need to know! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MeggishKitten
Neophyte
Member # 5525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MeggishKitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love red to wear..it's very flattering, but my favorite colors for anything are blue and green. They make me peaceful and happy..so much in fact that my room is dome up in a mix of these colors. ^^;
Posts: 4 | From: Abingdon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.