Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » lack of motivation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lack of motivation
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know, when I thought of the title for this thread, I had a certain 3EB song swim in my head...anyway...

I've felt very unmotivated lately to do my normal daily activities. I'm in summer school right now and this week I just really don't feel like putting any effort into it which is bad since it IS summer school and will be over soon. I don't really feel like calling people back or even sending out my resume to find another job (I haven't worked since February). Any advice on what I can do to get out of this funk? I was doing so well on getting everything done this year and now I almost have this feeling that I just don't want to do anything anymore.

*I have to add this: I'm also rather bitchy to some people for no reason like my parents. Sometimes they just want to talk to me and be friendly, but I just feel like being alone so I snap at them a bit. I'm exhausted and tired. I have no idea why I'm feeling like this either. Is it normal to EVER be in this kind of state?*

I just got back from a perfect mini-vacation..would that have anything to do with it?

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

[This message has been edited by blackbird (edited 07-25-2001).]

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Blackbird. I can totally relate! I go through states like your going through right now. I couldn't tell if you're female or male, but if you're a woman it could just be your monthly cycle. I often get bitchy when I'm on the rag. PMS big time baby!

Also, I can just take a guess that you're probably worn out! You said you've spent the whole year making sure everything's done, and that's got to be exhausting. Sometimes you just need a break. And you could still be in the habit of not doing much on your vacation. It's totally normal to feel lazy sometimes... It could be a sign that your body needs a break. Go to the pool and lay out, or read a good book. Then try to get your stuff done. And as for the bitchiness, we all get snippy and iritated every once in a while. I find that just spending some time to myself calms me down.

So just give yourself some down time; give into the laziness. And save your energy for school. I hope I helped a little. Good luck with everything .

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Yeah, I'm a girl. I'm on Ortho Novum though so I don't get PMS symptoms. I've had them once way before I ever started taking birth control pills and that was a bit of hell. That's more because I really really really hate that wonderful bonus of being female.

Well I have a couple of more weeks of summer school left and then I don't have any school at all for at least a couple of weeks. I just want to be able to make it to then. I was doing so well in my class that I thought I'd be able to bring my grade up into the A- range, but now I'm thinking that I won't be able to because I haven't even really gotten my homework done, much less any of it on time.

When I was laid off from my job in February, everyone said that I could finally take a vacation, but instead I dived into taking a bunch of online courses to which I've completed something like 9 of them in a matter of months. At the start of this summer class, I was doing rather well..and here it is, the 5th week and I'm about to pass out. I hate having to get up in the morning for it, I notice myself starting to show up a few minutes late and not even caring about it, and then when I get home...I don't want to do ANYTHING..even stuff that I need to get done. It's odd because I've never really felt so helpless in my life.

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You sound like what i feel like when i'm exausted. Sometimes i need to just go through a stupid annouying deppression in order to really focus and connect with myself and my goals. The deppression usually ends up with a little vacation which isn't like a trip with florida but just a withdrawl from the world, it starts in a dark hole, and slowly th ehole gets lighter and lighter and i slowly start realizing how good everything is and really figuring out what i really want and stuff. I guess it sounds like a terrible way to make things better but you know, two steps back and one step forward.
Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Thanks. Yeah, I'm starting to feel a little bit better right now. I think hopefully I should be fine in like a couple of weeks when my summer class is over and some other things get sorted out.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.