Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding
GorgerouslyImperfect
Neophyte
Member # 4212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GorgerouslyImperfect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not too sure if this is where I should put this topic, if not, I'm sure someone can move it. During the past week I masturbated once with a "toy", with no problems. The second time (day) I did it, I started spotting. The third day I had sex and it became more than spotting. I was just wondering if this was normal, or if something happened that I should be warned about? I'm on the birth control pill, if that's any factor. If you can give me some advice, or a place to read up on this, please do so.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards!!

When you penetrate your vagina with a *toy* and penis, or manuel sex (fingering), it can make the vagina tear. It could also be your hymen. If it broke it can lead to some spotting.

If you are having problems, you should go see your GYNO, now that you are sexually active you should have one.

Also make sure that when you are having sex, that you use a condom and lots of lube!! Also if you are using a dildo, make sure you have a condom on there also, and wash it properly, because if its dirty it can give you an infection.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GorgerouslyImperfect
Neophyte
Member # 4212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GorgerouslyImperfect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. ) I've been here before under MysteryGirl or something of the such, but I can't remember the password and since deleted my e-mail account it was under. But thank you.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I have to correct what glitter said here - your vagina will not tear and doesn't have to tear through a sex toy or a penis. Never ever. It is made to stretch, babies fit through there. The strong muscles that your vagina is made of are there to give way.

The spotting you experienced could either be from your hymen (if it wasn't torn before that), if you didn't use additional lube and a condom on your toy, you might have given yourself a little abrasion or you could have simply experienced sopme spotting that had nothing to do with your toy use or masturbation habits but something with your pill.

If it comes back, I'd have it checked out.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GorgerouslyImperfect
Neophyte
Member # 4212

Hmm, I have had problems with my pills before. Usually when I forget to take a pill and do so in the morning, that day or the next spotting would occur. Does that mean I should be on a different pill, or? I doubt that's the case here though. I've been doing okay with my pills lately.

[This message has been edited by GorgerouslyImperfect (edited 06-22-2001).]

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Imperfect,

I personally would wait how things develop and mention it during my next gynecological check up. In case you experience it again, I'd schedule an earlier appointment. You might indeed need a different pill. But your doc could evaluate that spotting best. Right now I really wouldn't worry too much.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GorgerouslyImperfect
Neophyte
Member # 4212

Thank you, sounds like a winning idea to me.
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

no worries, glad to be of help.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.