Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Dancing in the rain.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dancing in the rain.
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey dudes AND DUdettes.
i just found the most awesome way to make u feel greta and energize u.
go dancing in the rain.
its like torrential rainging here atm and i went out and just danced and had a great time.
my mum so didnt get it and just haded me a towel with a funny look on her face when i came bak.
but it was great. and im feeling so good now its like the most fun ive hda in ages.
yep just telling u!
tata
lotsa love! Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was in santa barbara, we'd go throw ourselves to the ocean with all our clothes on. very cathartic.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to dance in the rain! Unfortunatly, we haven't been getting too much "dancing" rain, and my friends aren't quite as enthusiastic about it. hehe! But it's so much fun! Ya just feel krazy and great!

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha!! it was great dancing rain today!
it was really relly heavy and i got soaked through to my undies.
amusing.
my friends all love it too! were all a bit psycho if we went to ne other skool wed have onfr eidsn but luckily there happened to be 8 crazy ppl like us at our regulation smart girl skool!

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just like walking in the rain. I've never danced in the rain, but that could be fun. When I don't have a lot of stuff to carry home and it's not cold, I like to walk home in the rain. It is energizing, and very refreshing. THere are times though when I do not like walking in the rain. Like when I'm sick, grumpy, and have a lot of stuff to carry.

------------------
Teenagers are people too!

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't godancing in the rain during lighning and thunder, seriously.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it does totally depend on the situation, I also love dancing in the rain! It's so much fun and so freeing! At university I have the craziest group of friends anyone could ask for (I love them dearly) and so I have lots of dancing compnay! It's so much fun doing things that kids do! It makes you feel so free and happy!
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been raining non stop here for the last couple days. It must have rained 40 hours and 40 minutes. It is great to go to sleep to the sound of rain bouncing gently off of the rooftop, though.
Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to agree about dancing in the rain, that's good stuff. I'm personally rather partial to dancing at night when it's warm and the moon is full. I find that entire experience incredibly freeing. It seems to work best when you're barefoot and wearing as little clothing as possible. Just a very empowering experience.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
the kittenblog

"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love dancing in the rain. It is so much fun. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy too. It okay, if they knew how much fun I was having, they wouldn't look at me that way, they'de dance with me.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say, I find just dancing freeing. I used to hate it cause I felt self conscious but now it's just great to give your body the freedom to do what it wants. That's what makes the rain thing so special because it's absolutely natural.

I think what KittenGoddess was saying about dancing at night, is kind of what I get from swimming at night. You're all alone with the world. It's the most beautiful and peacefull thing.

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the rain...provided its not too cold.

But I don't dance. Unless I'm really drunk.

------------------
Hersband

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i love dancing outside! on friday night i was visiting the boy at his school, and they had this huge dance outside. there were tons of people there - it was awesome!

<sigh>..maybe i should have gone to umass. nothing like that will ever happen at the tiny little school i picked. lol

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was walking home from a park, and it just started pouring. At first I was a little pissed, but then it got to be so relaxing. Just walking on the sidewalk, listening to Third Eye Blind in the discman and feeling soaked was so great. I wish it would rain that more often.

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's raining here today. . . I wonder what they'd do if I turned up to work all sopping wet.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen rain for a long time, I miss it. *Gaffer bursts into tears* Make it rain already! I soo wish I was the rain god in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It hasn't rained here all month, and I'm dying! The pollen is SO terrible, and my allergies are SO bad. But I'm dying for some rain so I can do my rain dance!!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!)

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am one of those serious types who can't figure out for the life of me why running into the rain, getting myself wet for no reason whatsoever would be entertaining.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who seems to think calling a rainy day "a bad day outside" is a paradox, at best. At worst, just plain moronic.
Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big dancing-in-the-rain fan I love the drenching, pouring kind of rain that soaks you to the skin and sends steam rising from the asphalt. It hasn't rained here for a while Last time it did, I scurried into my bathing suit and jumped and flipped on the slippery trampoline. Unsafe? Maybe. Fun? Oh, yes.
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moth
Activist
Member # 2606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dancing in the rain is one of life's greatest pleasures. <g> And catching snowflakes on your tongue! And climbing trees and flying kites. Yup, those are four of my favorite activities, right there . . . dancing in the rain rating in at the top. Mm . . .
Posts: 72 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.