Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » whoa!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whoa!!!!!!!
powergirl
Neophyte
Member # 3494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know it seems latly that i been losin my hair...i took notice that when i switch shampoos and when i get a lot of stress in my life it starts to fall out...i have long hair so i don't know if it is normal in long hair or what also my hair is kinda thick but not really....i pushin more the part about the stress...so can u please help me with this... thanks
Posts: 13 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on the texture and thickness of your hair. My hair is super curly and thick so when I brush it a lot comes out. It's also a good idea to try and stick to one type of shampoo, and not use too many styling products that can damage your hair and make it fall out. Also, watch that you don't hold the blow dryer too close to the strands. Big hair no-no! (that I'm guilty of)

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my experience stress could be a cause of hair loss. Last year when I was really depressed and worried about my grades, my hair seemed to fall out in handfulls (over-exaggerating a little). Now recently, I don't lose as much. I'm assuming that it could also be due to some illnesses. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of illnesses, but sometimes when people are really sick (even if they don't know it) their hair will fall out. It doesn't sound to me like it could be caused by an illness in your case, I'm just saying that it COULD be a cause of hair-loss. So, don't let me scare you. Also, some people just lose alot of hair. Do you have really thick hair? It could just be a normal loss- everybody loses some hair, maybe you just lose more than the normal.

Those are my theories. If you're worried, maybe you could go to see the doctor (just to get it checked into), but it doesn't sound too serious. I'm leaning more toward the stress theory though.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

[This message has been edited by Lucky1402 (edited 05-01-2001).]

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've read somewhere that a person loses about 50-95 hairs a day. i think those are coRRect figures. dont quote me on that though. Lucky and lilnerd are probably right about the thickneSS and texture being a part of it tOO. i'm always in the pOOl or the ocean, and i always have hair faLLing out. i try not to streSS b/c it just makes it worse.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can lose a little extra hair in times of stress. you can also shed some hair in times of warmer weather. i wouldn't worry too much about it if i were you (unless you were having a bout of scarlet fever -- i know a girl who went bald from scarlet fever, but that was a very long time ago).

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.