Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Huffing?? AHHHHH

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huffing?? AHHHHH
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out that one of my guy friends is huffing using like white out. I just got so freaked out by this. I didn't think he would do that. I told him he could kill himself but it doesn't seem to matter to him. To tell you the truth i don't know very much about what can happen when you huff. Can someone please tell me what to tell him!!!!?? i don't want him to ruin his life.
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdavid
Activist
Member # 3041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look at http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info/drugs_inhalants.html for a detailed summary... but, in short, it can kill you really quick from either heart failure or suffocation. You can try to talk to your friend armed with your new and gruesome information... maybe it will occur to him that huffing is really, really stupid.

------------------
r.d.m. * riotboy * http://f0o.org
"and you say i'm just a kitty cat in disguise" -- estrojet

Posts: 47 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what David has said, it might be a good idea to talk about this with someone that you trust, such as your parent, guidance counselour, favourite teacher, your minister, your rabbi or a relative that you trust. While you can't solve your friend's problem (he needs to solve his, really, you can merely assist), you will need support too so that you can be a caring friend to him.

To get more information on huffing, get in touch with an Anti Drug Abuse Organisation. Right now I don't have any info on that at hand, but I'll see whether I can find an organisation you could contact.

Good onya for caring, dearie.

------------------
"To be nobody but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
e.e. cummings

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hence the reason why you can only buy white out if you are 18.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can only buy white out if you're 18 or older? Since when?
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some areas that have particular problems with minors using inhalants make those rules.

Same goes for spray paint in some places.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.