Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Smell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smell
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm talking about arrogance. Something fresh. You know, not the bad kind of smell.

I like to know what kind of arrogance or fresh scent do you like in a man ? Do like the type of cologne he puts on ?

Do you like the after shave lotion/cologne he wears ?

Do you like the smell of his sweat ? Under armpits ?

You name it any way you want. What kind of smell turns you on... or gets your skin tingling a bit ?

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean fragrance?

Arrogrance is being stuck up, in short .

I know a lot of girls who love Curve for Men, if they could they'd wear it thenselves. I don't really care, as long as it's not Essence of Crap, or as long as they don't wear too much of it. As for sweat-Ew.

And I'm sure you know this, but if you want a solid answer, you're not gonna get it.

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, with this sort of question you are going to get a multitude of different answers- there is no single key sexy smell.

I like different smells in different situations, but so long as it's not offensive to me (and the smells that I don't like are not the same as what others don't like), it's not something that I spend a great deal of time thinking about. Sometimes a particular smell can provoke a certain response, either good or bad, often powerfully, but I never bothered learning the deodorant name attached to any particular smell. More often than not the smells I like are natural ones anyway.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I meant fragrance. Jeessshhhh... I was writing soo fast I didn't care about the mistakes I made.

Thanks for the correction though. I know I write bad.

And again... does this sound like a generalization question to you ?

Ok ok.. you got me. Why is it that I always have to think so hard about asking a question?

Thanks a bunch.

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think nothing smells better (or sexier) than a fresh, clean male body.. all natural odours (well, perhaps a tiny wee bit deodoranty, chemical free of course)
I'm not really into perfumes and colognes, I don't understand why people want to cover up what they naturally smell like! (Plus, it makes me sneezy!)..

Free and natural, I say.. and the same goes for ladies

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, I thought that Arrogance must have been the name of some nice-smelling cologne!
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*picture of a snooty man looking snootily at an equally snooty woman* *cut to white screen* Arrogance... by Calvin Klein.

hehehe.

I like Gravity. Mmmm.

------------------
I have a hideous, hideous secret...
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

That's right... I'm a werehouse.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aria - *lol*!

I like the smell of my partners body. He smells gorgeous - because he smells like "himself" (if that makes sense). I like to smell him no matter if he's right out of the shower or whether it's the end of the day. It's him.

And in regard to colognes, I really like Jean Paul Gaultiers "Le Male". It literally makes me drool. And not only because my partner wears that on rare occasions. - It's so delicious I wear it myself.

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol. I was scratching my head about this Arrogance thing.

But like Alaska, I like my guys's smell because it smells like him. I just identify with that smell.

But when it comes to cologne, you can't beat Polo Sport. And I'm seeing him later so I'll get to drool over him. Yippie.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy experimenting with the different smells of different men. The beauty of men is that they're all so different, and all so beautiful in their simplicity. I once identified a lovely guy's locker, just by smelling lockers in the area. I was right. In fact, I did it twice for two different guys.

Said all of that to say: I love to smell men.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to say that I'm also one of those people who tends to identify others based on their smell. The first thing I do when I hug anybody is take a deep breath (I don't do it consiously, it just tends to happen). So I guess I just automatically figure out how someone smells and file that away as a way to identify them.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio: "I'm talking about arrogance. Something fresh. You know, not the bad kind of smell."

Pink: "You mean fragrance?
Arrogrance is being stuck up, in short."

I've got it! I think perhaps Antonio's mind was thinking of "aroma" when he typed "arrogance". Maybe? I don't know.... Just a dress. "Dress?" Oh, I mean "guess!"

------------------
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you've got their shoes!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like any particular perfume or cologne. I dislike most of them actually. The only scent that I've ever liked is Bath&Body Works Country Apple body splash. It's very light and fruity.

As for my boyfriend, I like the smell of him. No cologne, just him. He smells great with just a shower and clean clothes. Well of course everyone does when they're clean and showered but since he's my boyfriend, he smells extra yummie.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like any smell that's associated with my guy, other than "I've been rolling in the dirt and playing football for last two hours". The smell of his laundry detergent on his clothes, his brand of deodorant, his shampoo and conditioner, soap, even the interior of his car and house become good smells because I associate these smells with being very happy.

I've tried smelling different colognes in the store before, but all I can smell is something that belongs in the chem lab.

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been staying with one of my sweeties for a week. This morning, since I'd already packed my bath stuff, I used his soap. I've been noticing all day that I have a smell that I normally think of as "his smell" on me. It's comforting and odd at the same time, and makes me miss him.

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.