Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help me! I can't find my g-spot!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me! I can't find my g-spot!
Less17
Neophyte
Member # 279

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Less17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so this sounds stupid. But sometimes I get really excited when I'm doing...well, it can be anything, and I'll try to get myself off. Unfortunately, I cannot find my clitoris, which as everyone knows, poses a large obstacle between me and...happiness. I have looked at "maps of female anatomy," asked friends, blah blah blah. But the simple truth is that I just can't find it. Is it possible that I don't have one?
Posts: 1 | From: Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarBryte
Neophyte
Member # 281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarBryte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure you have one..I have never heard of someone not having one. My advice to you is experiment and you will eventually find it..
Good Luck!

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's likely that you were born without a clitoris. I don't even know if that's possible, but wait for the sexpert's opinions on that one, because I haven't read anything on the matter.

Now, your G-spot is a sensitive piece of tissue on the front wall of your vagina. Some women can reach this with their fingers, but others can't. An easier way to reach orgasm is to stimulate your clitoris. I assume you know that it's situated just above the urethral opening (the whole that you pee from) from looking at diagrams, and that that's where you're trying to stimulate.

I can relate to your problem, because I actually had the same thing through my early teenage years- and it frustrated me greatly. What I found it was, was that I simply had to learn the best way to stimulate my clitoris for me. It's impossible to tell you what the best way is because it's different for everyone- some women prefer direct contact, some prefer to stimulate it through the clitoral hood, some find that one side works better than the other- the differences are endless.

So don't give up hope! You'll find it one of these days- just keep on trying.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya --

Well, first things first: you probably *do* have a clitoris. It's pretty (extremely!)rare for a female to not have one.

Grab a small mirror and sit yourself down sometime with a good light source so you can see. Take off your panties and sit down so you can prop that mirror up between your thighs. If you spread your labia (the lips of your vulva), you'll see two innies -- holes -- and one little nubbly outie, arranged in a line bottom to top.

Think of it like a traffic light, red, yellow and green. "Red," the bumpy nubbly thing up at the top between your labia, is your clitoris! Hooray! There is a little fold of skin over the clitoris, and the clitoris itself hides under that fold of skin. You can use your fingers to pull that bit of skin back if you want a closer look. The clitoris looks like a little pea-shaped nub of skin. It's very sensitive, for most of us. That's why it hides under that bit of skin, to protect it from too much direct contact.

In the middle position is your urethra, where urine comes out. That's where the "yellow" traffic light would be.

At the bottom, where the "green" light would be, is your vagina. It's usually the easiest to spot of the three.

Your g-spot is actually the bottom of your clitoral sponge, a spongy piece of tissue that gets swollen with blood when you're aroused. It's a lot like a penis in some ways, and develops from the same structure before birth... boys have theirs turn into penises, girls have theirs turn into clitoral sponges.

The top end of your clitoral sponge is your clitoris, no surprise there. The bottom end of your clitoral sponge rests just above the upper wall of your vagina, about an inch inside. It's sensitive, though not quite as sensitive as your clitoris or in the same ways, usually. Many people can find it by sliding a finger into their own vagina and pressing up toward their belly button. When you find a spot that sort of tickles and makes you feel like you have to pee, that's probably it -- it sometimes feels firmer or sort of nubbly under your finger, too. If you don't find it, don't worry. Sometimes they can be elusive!

Not all women find g-spot stimulation pleasant. Not all women who like g-spot stimulation have orgasms from it. It varies a lot. Like Beppie said, stimulating the clitoris is usually a lot more reliable in terms of getting you off.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The actual "clitoris" is on the outside of your body.

To find the Grafenburg, or g-spot, you need to put a finger in your vagina, two if you can manage it, and make your palm side face up, and your fingernail side face down. Then you kind of make a "come here" motion, by curving your fingers. It's on the front wall of your vagina. It will probably feel a little spongy when it's soft, and when you're aroused, it feels kind of like a soft walnut.

The clitoris is on the outside of you. Maybe you weren't finding it because you were expecting something explosive. But you need to be aroused to really get anything from it.

All the inner and outer stuff are labeled in this pic.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekz
Neophyte
Member # 286

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cheekz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that picture has just confused the HECK out of me !... it shows the g-spot in the ureatha hole.... so if you stick your finger in the vagina how can you touch it ????????
Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I should find a better pic. The female g-spot is not in the urethra as far as I know. It is a spongy thing in the vagina. I should get a different pic.
Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken L. Smith
Neophyte
Member # 700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken L. Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hanne, you mentioned that males and females both have similar tissue when they begin life in the Uterus. This information is supported by much research, and it is generally accepted that a specific type of tissue in a woman has corresponding tissue in a man (and vice versa). The penis and the clitoris are identical in make-up, except for their average size and the inclusion of a urethra under the penis (usually) that is formed by tissue that becomes the Labia Minora (inner lips) on a female. Also, the tissue that forms the Labia Majora (outer lips) also forms the scrotum in a male.

It may be of interest to those looking for a "G-Spot" that one of the most sensitive spots on a male (after the brain) is the prostate gland. What tissue exists in the female that corresponds to that gland? Some experts have suggested that the tissue actually develops into a primitive prostate gland. IF... it existed in the female, it would surround the urethra, where the urethra exits the bladder. IF... a simple prostate gland were there, you would be able to make contact with it by putting pressure on the upper wall of the vagina, about one to one and one half inches into the vagina. Why would some women be more sensitive than others? Possibly because some might have a more advanced development of that tissue, for the same reason that some clitorises are more "developed" than others.

A side issue that this brings up is the discussion of the statement that some women "ejaculate" when they reach orgasm. Women have released fluids during orgasm that were found to chemically match the prostatic fluid (not sperm) that males secrete. This fluid is released from the skene's ducts that surround the meatus (opening) of the urethra. Again, ALL women do not ejaculate during orgasm. An interesting test would be to determine if women that can locate a strong "G-Spot" are the same women that ejaculate (and vice versa).

------------------
Ken L. Smith

Posts: 5 | From: Pleasanton California USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the A, B, C, D, and E spots?
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot, you're too much sometimes.
Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken,
I don't know of a working sex educator or sexologist that questions whether or not the g-spot exists: it certainly does, and in addition, it's pretty well evidenced that women who ejaculate a goodly amount of thin fluid from the urethra are indeed doing so from g-spot stimulation.

Am I missing something you said or daft?

Also, without being a toad, if we can keep theoretical discussions on a practical and pragmatic level so all the readers can use them, that'd be really ducky.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited July 31, 2000).]

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hotgrrl...There actually is a C-spot, so now we just need A, B, and D.

Heh-heh.

J.

------------------
"Her laugh turned to a moan at the first ripple in her bones.
She tensed her thighs and abdomen to will the change on, and
clutched the night air like a lover as her fingers lengthened
and her nails sprouted...The night, she thought, the sweet night"

Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miz,
Seems to me Ken is not disputing the existance of a G-spot, but is only being rhetorical.

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Less17:
In addition to the excellent information thus far, I would like to add that in some, third world countries, it is customary for females to undergo female circumcision where there clitoris is removed. (Incidentally, there vaginas are also sewn shut.) Quite unfortunate, but true.

I do hope you were born here, or in some other sane nation, in which case you have no need to worry.

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Less17:
In addition to the excellent information thus far, I would like to add that in some, third world countries, it is customary for females to undergo female circumcision where there clitoris is removed. (Incidentally, there vaginas are also sewn shut.) Quite unfortunate, but true.

I do hope you were born here, or in some other sane nation, in which case you have no need to worry.

Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, sorry about the extra post, which has now become two extra posts!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.