Bleeding after fingering?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
LuxAeterna
not a newbie

Bleeding after fingering?

Unread post by LuxAeterna »

So today I fingered my GF a little bit (about 15 minutes), then she went to pee and she said there was blood on the toilet paper after she wiped. It was light blood, a little brown but the amount was not much. She then took a pregnancy test just in case (we had sex about 2 weeks ago and she had her period), and the test said no. So I'm wondering what could be the reason why she bled? My fingernails are trimmed, and I don't think I fingered her rougher than usual. Also, she's ovulating and this morning she had some light cramps. Can that be a reason that she bled (because I read that some women bleed when they ovulate). Are there any other reasons why that happened? Some other reasons that I'm not aware of?
Thanks in advance.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Bleeding after fingering?

Unread post by Mo »

This is something we can't know for sure, not being there, but it could be that this was a direct result of fingering. Vaginal tissue is very delicate, and even if your nails are trimmed, fingers and hands can have rough or sharp callouses or cuticles that can cause small cuts or abrasions. If you weren't using plenty (or any!) of lube, that could be an issue too. In the future, adding some lube and being *super* careful about your fingers, or wearing latex/nitrile gloves, can help.

Some folks do experience spotting with ovulation from time to time, but there's no easy way to know if this is what happened or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic