Advice needed!!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Billy3121

Advice needed!!

Unread post by Billy3121 »

Hello, I am a girl of 16 years, same age as my boyfriend. I came of my period around the 29th October and my cycle is regular lasting anything from 5-7days and around 28day cycles, on the 1st of November we had unprotected sex but it didn't last long and he did not cum inside of me. Last weekend 14th November he was fingering me and I bled on his fingers but nothing in my knickers, we thought nothing of it then on the 16th November it happened again, since then I have experienced tummy and back pains along with sore breasts, I am due on today but had protected sex earlier today could this prolong my period? Also could I be pregnant with the signs? Also lately I have been quite poorly in and out of hospital with various problems with my muscles could this be the reason there is no sign of my period?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Advice needed!!

Unread post by Johanna »

So, unprotected intercourse, even without ejaculation, does present a pregnancy risk, even if it does not last long. So if you do not wish to become pregnant, it's important to use condoms for all genital contact!

Did both of those instance of spotting happen while your boyfriend was fingering you, or right after? If so, it sounds like that's due to the manual sex. Does he keep his nails short, and do you use plenty of lube?

Since you are due for your period any day now, and I'd suggest that you just wait and see what happens. Should your period turn out to be late, you can still take a pregnancy test then. Though if you're ill, the stress of that on the body can also delay a menstrual cycle, so should your period be late, that does not mean that you need to jump to conclusions.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Billy3121

Thankyou for the reply, both happened when he was fingering me? His nails are short and we didn't use any lobe? I can't help but worry which is probably causing more stress. So I should wait and see? How many days shall I wait for my period to start? Thank you x
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Given you did engage in unprotected intercourse, again, if your period is late, testing for pregnancy just to be sure would be a good idea.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Billy3121

Okay thankyou, I'm just so scared!, how long should I leave it before taking a test?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

You can take a test any time when your period becomes late.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Billy3121

I took one this afternoon, it was negative which is a good sign so hopefully my period will come soon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic