lots of blood after masturbating

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
allyson
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

lots of blood after masturbating

Unread post by allyson »

i haven’t been on here in a long time. so i was masturbating with a pretty big highlighter and there was pleasure and everything but when i took it out there was a lot of blood and some squishy thing. i was in shock and i couldn’t move and i started bawling. my mom came in and told me how disgusted she is and how i’m probably infertile. i’m so scared that i ripped something. there’s no pain at all down there but there was so much blood. i’m so scared we have an appointment to go somewhere to check me out but i’m just so nervous i think i did something bad to myself please help.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: lots of blood after masturbating

Unread post by Heather »

I'm so sorry to hear about how scared you're feeling and about what your mother said to you (which was not only unkind, but very likely false).

Let me tell you a couple things based on what I think probably happened:
1) A highlighter has some pokey or sharp edges. It's not really the kind of thing (so you know for the future) you want to use for putting inside your body. When you're through all this, if you want to talk about what is safe, I'm happy to do that with you. But because you used something like that, you probably scraped the wall of your vagina.
2) Blood vessels are very close to the surface with genitals, and when you're also turned on, even more blood has moved to that area. So even minor scrapes can potentially cause a lot of bleeding.
3) The squishy thing was probably just a bunch of thick cervical mucus: that happens during certain times of the cycle, and can resemble...well, a squishy thing. But it's so thick at those times you often won't have seen it before in your usual travels.

If what you were doing with the highlighter didn't hurt you at any point, then I'm betting this was actually just a minor scrape -- but again, with more blood than you'd expect -- with some discharge. I'm glad you're getting an appointment just in case, but it's probably fine. If you want help getting into the exam room without your mother, who sounds like she might make a situation where you're already feeling a lot of anxiety worse, holler at me, I can give you some tips.

I also want to add that you can't get to your uterus or inside your cervix with what you've been doing. When people have fertility problems, it's MOSRT often about untreated infections or genetic issues, not injuries. When people do have issues that are about injury, the vagina isn't the place that creates those issues, because the vagina, by and large, doesn't have anything to really do with fertility. The places that are about fertility are the ovaries, the uterus, the cervix and then your hormones. So please, don't worry about your fertility. It very likely is an issue with this. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic