Fisting with IUD (Mirena)

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
smittenkitten
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm smart AND pretty
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer femme

Fisting with IUD (Mirena)

Unread post by smittenkitten »

Hi all,

I'm a bit of an old friend of ST, but after searching the site and checking out the print book, I couldn't find an answer to my question.

My partner and I would like to try deeper manual sex (fisting - vaginal in this case). I've never received before, but am keen to try. The thing is, I have an IUD (Mirena) and I'm wondering if it's safe to do in that circumstance, and what I need to look out for.

If it helps, I've got a high-sitting cervix and had my last one for the full five years without it trying to expel itself. (The Mirena not the cervix!!!)

Please help!

Marion
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Fisting with IUD (Mirena)

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, you. :) . Always the biggest of treats to see one of our oldest and dearest users (and once-vols)! <3

You should have no troubles with deep manual sex and an IUD. After all, it's inside the uterus, not the vagina.

However, I'd just bear two things in mind:
1) Your strings. If your strings aren't cut super-short, your partners will just need to be careful not to accidentally grab or tug them. If they aren't short, and you want to make avoiding that a gimme, you can always ask your healthcare provider to just snip them shorter for you.
2) How it feels for you. Most people don't feel an IUD when it's in, including during sex. But you know the drill: you never know, and your mileage may vary. In the event it doesn't feel good for you to be fisting with your IUD, then obviously that'll be something you don't want to do for now.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
smittenkitten
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm smart AND pretty
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer femme

Unread post by smittenkitten »

Thanks so much Heather, this is really helpful :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

My pleasure! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic