Lube and masterbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dogman
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight

Lube and masterbation

Unread post by Dogman »

Hi I was wondering what lube I can use when I masterbate (nothing that I have to go out and buy because parents would find out) just some general household items that I could find. Or maybe I could make some. I found this tube of silicon Barrie cream 555 and didn't know weather to use it or not (it could harm my penis) so could you give me some good lubes, lube recipes, or if I could use that cream.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Lube and masterbation

Unread post by Heather »

For those with a penis, plain old body creams and lotions are just fine for use with masturbation in terms of being safe for your genitals. Same goes for oils like olive or other vegetable oil.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Dogman
not a newbie

Unread post by Dogman »

Thank you this really helped!!!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The skin on your penis is sensitive, but still all external -- unlike the inside of the anus or vagina -- so for the most part, anything safe and gentle for any of the other skin on your body will be when it comes to the penis.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
sexpositivity94
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My Open-mindedness. Try Me. :D
Primary language: English (American)
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Sexual identity: Predominantly Hetero/Cis Girl

Unread post by sexpositivity94 »

I am the owner of a vagina, so I may not have much authority in this conversation, but I've had the same problem (wanting to masturbate without parents finding out). I know the vagina is more sensitive than the penis, but I would stay away from heavily scented lotions- also avoid lotions with special additions like moisturizing beads, etc.

Also, you may think it would be, but Vaseline is NOT good to use. When I was younger, I thought that it would be great to use, but it does not feel comfortable. It doesn't slide easily. It is not a good lubricant.

I think oils may be good, especially if you want slickness, but I don't know about olive oil, because I think that it is the thickest, and most pungent. It also takes a while to wash off- it leaves a residue. I think vegetable oil might be the best bet. Also, if you have allergies, be extra careful when using food products. Check first because it might have trace amounts of ingredients that could trigger an allergy attack.

If you have access to it, I know that many people- especially those with penises- use baby oil. I wouldn't be my personal choice, but hey, if it works for some....

The 100% best, in my opinion, is an unscented (or very lightly scented) hair conditioner. It is soft, it is slick, it helps everything move around super easily, and it feels really amazing. This is #1 on my list! Can't recommended it highly enough.

I hope this is helpful.

Good Luck!!!

-G
Dogman
not a newbie

Unread post by Dogman »

Thanks guys this has helped TONS!!!
Dogman
not a newbie

Unread post by Dogman »

Hey umm when you use hair conditioner do you add water or not?
sexpositivity94
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My Open-mindedness. Try Me. :D
Primary language: English (American)
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Sexual identity: Predominantly Hetero/Cis Girl

Unread post by sexpositivity94 »

I dont, but if its super thick, you may have to. The one I use is super creamy and soft, so no water necessary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic