Not ok

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
Dandelion
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Creativity
Primary language: English
Pronouns: her/she
Sexual identity: Bisexual female

Not ok

Unread post by Dandelion »

Im not ok. My head is so fuzzy. I feel floaty. Haven't been here since church. Triggered me my pastor. I can't remember what he talked about. Just scratching my leg trying not to slip into a flashback. I dont want to be alone. I feel unsafe. So scared. Monsters want to come back. I feel small. Im not ok. Its not right. I feel bad. No one is home right now. I dont know how to ground myself.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Not ok

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Dandelion,

I hate to hear that you are feeling like this. No person should feel unsafe in anyway. You do not deserve to feel this way.

Can I check in and make sure you aren't currently at risk for any physical harm. Your safety is of utmost importance to us and most certainly a priority!

Do you think that being able to talk to someone right now would be helpful? Last week Mo gave you info to a local resource, The Center, which has a 24 hour hotline. Do you have access to a phone where you can give them a call?
Dandelion
not a newbie

My mom isback. I locked my door. I feel safer that way I can't make calls with her home. I should've before. When alone. I'm stupid. Sorry. I dont feel like myself.
Dandelion
not a newbie

Im struggling so much tonight. I feel more here but more in pain. I just woke up from a nightmare and its like I can't breathe. I dont understand why this is so hard. I just want to recover and be okay. But its like the world is against me. I'm tired of everything. I'm so absolutely tired. Tired of writing posts here and wasting everyone's time. I have exhausted myself begging for therapy. I am so sick of spending my nights curled up in a corner because I'm afraid of getting hurt. I just want to be ok. And I'm tired of waiting.
Snorkmaiden
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to help.
Primary language: Dutch
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight butch

Unread post by Snorkmaiden »

You are not wasting anyone's time here. You are always, always welcome to come here when you need to vent.
You haven't heard from me before but I'm very sorry to hear you are feeling so low and afraid! If I could I'd give you a big hug (if you wanted one) and a big mug of tea and let you talk all you wanted: a lot, a little or not at all.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Dandelion, Snorkmaiden is absolutely right. And honestly, it's understandable that you're feeling tired and frustrated. You have a lot to heal from, and your family in particular (from what you've told us) is not helping you in that process. You get to have moments of feeling tired, but please know that those feelings don't mean you're wasting anyone's time, or that you're not making progress otherwise.

If you have the opportunity today, it sounds like a good plan would be to call the resource Ashleah gave you, to give you someone to talk through these feelings with who is trained to support you around them (sometimes simply being able to process all your feelings in real time on the phone can be really helpful in feeling better).
Dandelion
not a newbie

Thank you. I appreciate the support. It's hard not to believe I waste people's time. I dont think I'm helpable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic