Abortion Safety

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Shiloh2345
not a newbie

Abortion Safety

Unread post by Shiloh2345 »

I just wanted to know if you guys have any information on how safe abortions are? There is only one clinic that gives abortions where I'm from and I don't know how to figure out if they are safe or not? Like are there any risks with abortions do the clinics have to be checked out like doctors offices and hospitals do? Thanks for any information :) also I'm from oklahoma if the state it's in matters
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Abortion Safety

Unread post by Emma »

Abortions, when practiced in a legal, official medical environment like a clinic, are as safe as any other medical procedure. As with any other procedure, there is always the potential for complications, but just like those other procedures, those are not very common. In-clinic abortions are not the sole option if you want to terminate a pregnancy--there is an abortion pill that you pick up at an abortion providing office, then take at home.
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Abortion Safety

Unread post by Heather »

Hey Shiloh, per the guidelines you agreed to when registering, please remember to search the site first for information before posting a question, okay?

This piece should answer that question for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... t_abortion
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic