Do I have anything to worry about

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
as17
not a newbie

Do I have anything to worry about

Unread post by as17 »

So I had started the second month on the pill and I had some diarrhea for a few days. I had sex during this time , my question is was my pill still effective during this time? We used a condom and it didn't break, all of the "come" was caught in the condom and we squeezed the tip and none came out. I am still worried that somehow maybe it some stuff precum or cum got inside without me noticing
as17
not a newbie

Re: Do I have anything to worry about

Unread post by as17 »

I still took my pill perfectly through the incident and all the way up until now , and I'm on my last week of active pills. And I know the condom didn't break
LOONA
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes and outgoingness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She and her
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by LOONA »

Hi!

If your condom didn't break, and you had it on the entire time, you should be good. Condoms are tested just to make sure they shouldn't break. And you using two types of birth control helps as well. Two types are better than one. Good job being safe!
- Always there if you need it
Loona
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

And if you are looking for more information on your level of protection you can find it here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ol_with_a_
as17
not a newbie

Unread post by as17 »

The biggest reason I'm worried is because i heard diarrhea can cause the pill to be not as effective . And if all the sperm was caught in the tip and nothing was leaking out when we squeezed it that means I have nothing to worry about?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

Diarrhea may affect the absorption of the pill if it is severe, but in that case, the thing to do is to back up with another method of birth control, such as condoms. And it sounds like that's what you did, so you're good to go! If a condom is used for all genital contact and it does not slip off or break, you can trust that you're protected.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
as17
not a newbie

Unread post by as17 »

Yeah I would say it was close to severe but not exactly and not for at least a few hours after taking the pill, and it was only for my last sugar pill and my first and maybe second pill in the new pack , and yeah he wore a condom for all content and it didn't break or slip off , I should start my period on Tuesday if it's suppose to be the a same day as last month which was after taking my second sugar pill. Thank you :)
katj456
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I started a yoga club
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by katj456 »

just want to be sure there is no risk here. On Sunday, I went to the bathroom on the plane. I saw what I thought and hoped was pee on the toilet. I wiped it off with three towels, and then washed my hands to further ensure it was off. I then went to the bathroom, had an itch, so I kind of stuck my finger up my vagina. What I am worried about is that it may have been pee and not sperm, but even so, I did not come in direct contact with the sperm, I wiped it off the toilet with a paper towel, washed my hands, so by the time I would have touched myself there would have been absolutely no semen on my hands. Does it sound like there is any possible risk from this situation? I am super paranoid and getting pregnant is my biggest fear.
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

Katj456, if you have a question, please start a post of your own by clicking on the "new topic" button. If you post in someone else's thread, it makes it hard for us to keep track of who is asking and who we are responding to. Thanks!
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic