late period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
plantmother
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

late period

Unread post by plantmother »

I'm a 14 year old virgin and I've had my period for about a year and a half. ever since my first period which was 50 days, the rest have been even. Until this one. I'm currently up to 57 days, and there's no chance I can be pregnant so I'm not sure what's happening. I usually get cramps before I start but I got my cramps about a month ago.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: late period

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "even." Do you mean they have been the exact same number of days for each cycle, or....? Can you tell me what you mean by that?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
plantmother
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by plantmother »

yes, they've all been around 30 days for a full cycle with the actual period lasting 3-4 days. My last period was the same but it has now been 57 days since then.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay. So, none of this is weird or suggests something is up.

It's actually kind of amazing -- bodies are really something! -- that in the first year or so of your period you only had one initial long cycle then so many super-regular cycles right away! What's more common is for cycles to actually be pretty all over the place for the first few years, and also for some to be just like barely spotting (you may have even had a period when you had those cramps last time, but it could have been so light you didn't even see it), others with heavy flow, you name it. Generally, the first few years are pretty random.

That given, I don't see any cause for concern here, and you should figure this might not only happen from time to time, period (no pun intended), but it way more likely to happen over the next couple years, still.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic