G Spot Issue

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
phantomdog
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm a biology researcher!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he / him
Sexual identity: bi

G Spot Issue

Unread post by phantomdog »

so recently i've begun exploring penetrative masturbation and my experiences today brought a big question to mind. while i'm pretty sure i've found my g spot, i'm plenty aroused (physically and psychologically), and it feels really good, i'm for some reason unable to orgasm. it does feel really pleasurable and that's why i don't know why i'm not able to orgasm like that. any tips? i'd really like to experience a g spot orgasm.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: G Spot Issue

Unread post by Mo »

While plenty of people find g spot stimulation to be pleasurable, it isn't a guaranteed orgasm-button; it's not strange or unusual to not have an orgasm just from g spot contact. You may find that with experimentation in terms of how you're stimulating it or what else is happening at the same time, you do reach orgasm while focusing on your g spot, but it could also be that this is something that feels great but doesn't directly lead to orgasm.
One thing I will say is that putting pressure on yourself to have an orgasm will make you much less likely to reach orgasm at all, so if you find yourself getting frustrated, it may be time to rethink your approach.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: G Spot Issue

Unread post by Heather »

I also just want to add that the idea that there is a "g-spot orgasm" and that it also feels a certain way is...not really accurate.

Orgasm is something that happens not just in or from a place we have had stimulus, but primarily in the whole central nervous system, including the brain. We can feel effects of orgasm in other systems and parts of our bodies, and orgasm can certainly happen in part because of physical stimulation to one or more (usually when there's more) parts of our bodies. But the idea there are clitoral orgasms and vaginal orgasms and g-spot orgasms are actually based on an old misunderstanding of how orgasm worked from before people knew that central nervous system orgasms were pretty much the only kind there are. Make sense?

Too, how orgasm feels when it happens in part as a result of certain kinds of stimulus varies. There's not one way orgasm feels to everyone who experiences orgasm after or with g-spot stimulation, so if you feel like there's some certain way it will make you feel and you're missing out on that because you're not reaching orgasm through this kind of contact/stimulation alone? You can let that go and not worry about that. That's not really a thing. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic