Is pain before your period on the pill normal?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Tassha1223
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am reliable
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Is pain before your period on the pill normal?

Unread post by Tassha1223 »

I’ve been on the pill for 3 years now, and it isn’t uncommon for me to get pains around week 2 of my pills. Usually during this time my leg hurts but not really like hurts more like an annoying tingling feeling. Same goes for my abdomen. On the right side of my abdomen it tingles a bit. When I talked to my doctor about it, he said they are phantom pains. Because I may be scared after a terrible experience with ovarian cysts. I have regular ultrasounds and tests and everything seems to be completely fine. Does that mean they really are phantom pains? Can it be mittelschmerz? Or maybe side effects of the pill? Is there something I can do to slightly feel better about it?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is pain before your period on the pill normal?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tassha1223,

Since it sounds like you've already spoken to your healthcare provider about this and are receiving regular tests, you can likely trust the diagnosis. Too, if you haven't already done so, you can ask your healthcare provider if there are recommendations for how to manage those pains or feel better about them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic