Sexual Transmitted Infections

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ikazahari1
Awesomeness Quotient: My height
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Straight

Sexual Transmitted Infections

Unread post by ikazahari1 »

I have been sexually active for these couple of years. But, I stopped doing so recently (3 months), because I have been having foully smell vaginal discharge. I went to the doctor, and found out that I have BV and chlamydia. I have finished my courses for both treatments.

The issue now is after I have finished the course, my vaginal discharge is worrying me even more. The colour is green, chunky like cottage cheese and quite a lot of discharge. I just went to the Ob-gyn and the Dr said that I have to do smear, HPV, and blood tests. I am currently short of money. I am also scared if I happened to have any untreatable STds/ STIs. Help, my fellow friends.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Re: Sexual Transmitted Infections

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi ikazahari1!

I'm glad you are involved in testing and treatment, even if they haven't identified the whole problem yet. That is the right way to go.

With STIs for sure there are some that simply aren't curable yet, but for the most part there is almost always some action that can be taken to manage or treat the infection. Whether it's monitoring minor symptoms so you can address complications quickly, suppressing the infection itself with antiviral medication or preventing transmission with proper management of your sexual health and use of barriers.

I would say that with all the STIs you can think of, there are people living great fulfilling lives and fulfilling sex lives where their STI status doesn't have a huge detrimental impact, because of the steps they are able to take to make things easier for themselves.

Is there anything that particularly worries you which we can talk about?

It sounds like money is definitely one of them.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
ikazahari1
Awesomeness Quotient: My height
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by ikazahari1 »

Good news,

After the meeting with my Ob-Gyn doctor, he prescribed me a 150mg Diflucan which is used to treat yeast infections. And only after two days, my vaginal discharge has completely gone. I'm happy with the result. But, I guess I'm still going to do the tests just a matter of precaution.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I'm glad you've found the diflucan to be helpful, that's a good sign! :) I do think you have the right idea in going ahead with the STI tests, though; that's something that's good to take care of so that if there is an issue, you can get started on treatment, and if not, you know that as well and can hopefully have some peace of mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic