painful sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
northerngirl
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to play and write music
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: female

painful sex

Unread post by northerngirl »

Hi there,
I am seventeen and have just recently become sexually active. Although sex is enjoyable, I also feel pain that lasts up to a week at the back of my vagina. I have tried using lubricated condoms which helped a little but not much. My problem doesn’t seem to be a lack of arousal or lubrication, but the piece of skin between my vagina and anus. It almost completely covers the opening of my vagina, and, since it isn’t really a part of my vagina, it doesn’t stretch properly. It can often become abraded, a little inflamed, and sore. This doesn’t seem normal. Is there anything that I can do about it myself, or should I try to book an appointment with a gynaecologist?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: painful sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi northerngirl,

Ouch, that sounds like an unpleasant sensation. From what you're describing, it sounds like it's time to schedule and appointment with a gynecologist. Is that a resource you know how to access?

In the meantime, do you feel comfortable asking your partner to hold off on intercourse until you get this sorted out?
northerngirl
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to play and write music
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: female

Unread post by northerngirl »

I have already told to him about this issue, so we have been talking about solutions and alternatives. I will make sure to book a doctors appointment to get a referral to the gynaecologist near me as soon as possible. Thank you for your quick response, and have a great day.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, and I hope the appointment turns out to be helpful!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic