Found a way to masturbate that doesn't give me dysphoria, but I feel like I'm invalidating myself for enjoying it?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Found a way to masturbate that doesn't give me dysphoria, but I feel like I'm invalidating myself for enjoying it?

Unread post by KittyPink »

So, like I found a way for me to masturbate where I can pleasure myself without dysphoria, but like I feel like I'm "essentially admitting that I don't have dysphoria", which I have dysphoria, just found a cheat around it in this instance. And like I guess like being okay with pleasuring myself with my current stuff makes me feel like I'm being a hypocrite or something.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Chloé
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm doing what I want with my life, finally.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Found a way to masturbate that doesn't give me dysphoria, but I feel like I'm invalidating myself for enjoying it?

Unread post by Chloé »

Hi KittyPink, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way.

I know it may be hard to agree with, when you're feeling otherwise, but not experiencing dysphoria for any period of time means just that, that you're not experiencing it then. It doesn't mean that you don't experience it at other times, and it doesn't mean that you don't experience dysphoria at all.

Can you tell me more about what feels hypocritical to you about not experiencing dysphoria while masturbating? Are there other times where you don't feel dysphoria? If so, do you feel hypocritical then?
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Re: Found a way to masturbate that doesn't give me dysphoria, but I feel like I'm invalidating myself for enjoying it?

Unread post by KittyPink »

It's mainly because I have bottom dysphoria, but like I can get away with not getting dysphoria when masturbating the way I figured out, and it feels like I went back on how I said I probably wouldn't have sex or masturbate because I have too much dysphoria. And I really can't think of any other time I don't have dysphoria except when I'm topless and see that I have no breasts.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

In case you need to hear it, or it generally helps, I also just want to post a reminder that someone doesn't have to have dysphoria at ALL to be trans. In other words, even if you didn't have *any* dysphoria, that wouldn't somehow validate your identity or your gender. You don't have to have dysphoria, a certain level of it, or always be suffering because of it to be trans; to be who you are. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic