Uncomfortable Masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
redeagle
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Uncomfortable Masturbation

Unread post by redeagle »

I’m a teenager with female genitalia. Now, I said ‘uncomfortable’ in the subject line, but that isn’t entirely the case. I masturbate very regularly and enjoy it a lot, but I’ve never had an orgasm. This is because the most arousing thing for me is to pinch my clit, this has brought me near orgasm several times, but I have to stop because it becomes painful. By painful, I mean a certain part of my foot will start feeling numb and as though the muscles in my foot are cramping up. The more pressure I apply to my clitoris the worse this is. It is always the same feeling and always in the same spot and no where else. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Uncomfortable Masturbation

Unread post by Heather »

Does this happen no matter what position you’re in, and even after you move your legs to a different angle or position when it happens?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
redeagle

Yes.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I’m so sorry this wound up sitting unanswered! I was just thinking of you on my day off as I was having some (unrelated) foot pain myself, and realizing I wasn’t sure how anyone might have resolved this for you. My last week was a ton of meetings, so I am afraid I forgot to check back in. My apologies this accidentally just got left.

I’m afraid the news you probably don’t want is what I have to give. If this happens despite trying a lot of different positions, I’d suggest you talk to someone in person about it. I actually think a good massage therapist is probably a better choice than a general doctor, though, which hopefully is within reach for you and less socially uncomfortable. Is this possible for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
redeagle

I’ve mentioned it to my mom before, but she suggested I was just getting cramped up. It was the first time we had actually discussed anything of this nature and was already an awkward conversation. I can try bringing it up again and asking about speaking to a doctor or massage therapist. Thank you for your help.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That sounds like an excellent plan. It can definitely be awkward to talk to a parent about something like this, but that awkwardness can be worth it if it means getting help that you need. Would you like any help figuring out how to bring this up with your mom again, or do you feel like you have a good sense of what you want to say?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic