Mid cycle spotting

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jasther
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Mid cycle spotting

Unread post by Jasther »

Hi, I understand that I cant post any thread bout pregnancy anxiety. But I would like to ask several possibility that can cause mid cycle spotting to happen on day13-19? Is this consider dangerous for health, or do i need to consult any health care? Thank you for all the replies.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Mid cycle spotting

Unread post by Heather »

Mid-cycle spotting is common enough there's a long-ago term for it, middleschmerz. Most mid-cycle spotting isn't anything to worry about.

Are you having any other symptoms, like any kind of cramping?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jasther
not a newbie

Unread post by Jasther »

Thank you Heather for the reply. I have some like cramp in my right lower side, but it happened sometimes only. Is this normal? And the spotting of ovulation can range from brown, pinkish? Normally can spot for how many days for ovulation spotting?
And may i know how many days after period end does ovulation occurs? Thank you so much
Jasther
not a newbie

Unread post by Jasther »

Thank you Heather for the reply. I have some like cramp in my right lower side, but it happened sometimes only. Is this normal? And the spotting of ovulation can range from brown, pinkish? Normally can spot for how many days for ovulation spotting?
And may i know how many days after period end does ovulation occurs? Thank you so much
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi jasther... ovulation is usually around day 14 but there can be some variation.

You might find this interesting if you want to learn more about menstruation:
On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Jasther
not a newbie

Unread post by Jasther »

Thank you Jacob. Because i have some spotting during day 13-21. At first I was quite scared of the spotting thought it would be implantation bleeding. But for 3 times sex (day 5,8,13) I used condom for every genital contact although i have one incident that the condom slip halfway but never slip all the way off from the penis and my partner never even ejaculate any near me or inside me. (So i can assume that the condom did its job?)
Do you mind if i ask for ovulation spotting it can happen for how many days?
And if, if implantation bleeding normally occur on which day? Is it near period time? (Just curious and not to anxious bout pregnancy thing because sometimes google give wrong information)
Thank you
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Jasther,

There are no exact answers to many of these questions... they will vary for different people.

Your questions about condom use have already been answered... Please make sure you read through the information we give you, and the answers already given (everything is already there). If you still feel you can't trust your own knowledge on reading on this, I would suggest talking to your partner about stopping some of the activities you are doing if they are causing stress.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Jasther
not a newbie

Unread post by Jasther »

Thank you Jacob, I felt it's because I have those spotting and it kept me thinking It must be implantation bleeding and stuff. And I felt so anxious about that.
For the condom, I have had all the answers that you all have told me. And may i ask if some post Scarleteen just replied them with the pregnancy fear and anxiety policy and refuse to give answer, does this mean that the question do not pose any real pregnancy risk and people who ask it normally will not get pregnant? Thank you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic