Mom

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
_boople_snoot_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual; Polyamorous

Mom

Unread post by _boople_snoot_ »

If you wanna help with this, I recommend you read my posts step dad 1 and 2 because i dont think think will make sense.
My mom never believed me about the situation. She took Matt's side even when she was standing right next to him when he was throwing knives on the counter and telling me to cut myself. She has always taken Matt's side and I dont know how she could have let this happen. Even after everything she still married him. I wasn't invited and neither was my brother. I found out over Facebook. It's so hard to forgive someone who was supposed to protect you, but just stood by your abuser.I can tell she's hurting but I don't think she's even sorry. She literally came to my school, pulled me out of class just to try to convince me that I was remembering wrong.
How am I ever supposed to forgive her. She let me down and I feel like I shouldn't be the one that has to fix it. I don;t feel any need to see her anymore. I just miss who she used to be. Or maybe who i thought she was. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Closets are for clothes :D
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Re: Mom

Unread post by Jacob »

I'm so sorry you've had all this going on boople.

As I said last time, her behaviour was dead wrong. I hoped maybe she would come around, but it doesn't sound like that happened.

Finding out that she has got closer to your abuser must be so devastating and I think you are doing incredibly well to be where you are now.

My thought reading this, is that I don't think you even can be the person to 'fix' this.

I think of situations like this a bit like mourning. It sounds like she was complicit in your abuse, and when there was an opportunity to support you, she didn't, and that's the sort of betrayal that can really feel like we have lost someone, and have to engage in the process of letting go. It doesn't mean you have to not hurt, or not want things to be or get better. I hope they do to. But it means that getting support for you, where you can, and processing those feelings takes priority.

Do you have any support doing that? Is there anyone you can talk to?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
_boople_snoot_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual; Polyamorous

Unread post by _boople_snoot_ »

I have a few friends, a therapist, and my dad, so I do have allies.
Closets are for clothes :D
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That's really good to hear :) Since you have a therapist, one suggestion I have is to talk to them about your feelings about this situation and ask them for exercises or techniques that can help you process those emotions. As Jacob said it sounds like there is some grief and mourning that you're going through, and your therapist may be able to give you tools to help you move through that grief in a way that lets you acknowledge it while also helping you move forward in your healing. Does that sounds like something you could do in your next session with them?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic