Breast Growth Question!

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
NAC1999
not a newbie

Breast Growth Question!

Unread post by NAC1999 »

Hey guys,

So basically, my breasts are about a little more than halfway done growing, but they stopped feeling tender for a while. Like, months. Then, just recently, they started to feel tender again. So, my question is, do breasts grow in segments? Like, can they stop growing, and then have a growth 'spurt'?

Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: Breast Growth Question!

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi NAC1999! Absolutely -- just like with other parts of our body, like our height, our breasts can grow in "spurts" :) It's also very hard to tell when your breasts will be FINISHED growing, as that varies widely for everyone, so it's hard to know how far along your breast growth is, or if it's really done or just taking a break between spurts :) Have you read our articles about breasts and puberty?

Abreast: The Basics of Boobies
Not Everything You Wanted To Know About Puberty (But Pretty Darn Close)
NAC1999
not a newbie

Unread post by NAC1999 »

Oh cool! I'll delve right into those articles. :) Haha, I was getting worried for a bit there. ^^
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

As well, know the breast changes -- both visible and not -- occur through all of life. There will tend to be far more of them during adolescence, but it's not like your breasts (or any other part of your body for that matter, though with breasts there tends to be more constant change than with some other parts) ever stop changing. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic