Sex & OCD

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Milkydance
Awesomeness Quotient: Friendliness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Sex & OCD

Unread post by Milkydance »

I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now and we've been having sex for a while now. Every time we've had sex I have not been able to orgasm. I've read that the clitoris needs to be stimulated, for that is the best way for a woman to orgasm, but I am not comfortable with his hands or mine in that area. As I stated before, I have OCD, so the thought of either of our hands touching my clitoris and then touching any other part of me or our area is something I cannot handle. Are there any tips on how to work around this?
Ruth
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer/lesbian

Re: Sex & OCD

Unread post by Ruth »

For methods of coping with your OCD, that would really be something to talk to a mental health professional about - we're simply not qualified to do that. Do you have access to one?
TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

You can check here: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/ to see if there are any Therapists in your area. It's not a 100% list of all of them, but it should give you a decent idea. You could also check your local phone book (apparently they still make those) for a directory as well.
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.
idol_chatter

Unread post by idol_chatter »

There are sex toys designed for that purpose. (I'm not sure how graphic I'm allowed to be...) Some fit around the penis, others are more... freeform. Clean them after use with a special cleanser and store. It is important to work on your OCD. This may be a good middle ground to keep fluids from traveling outside your comfort zone yet still get stimulation.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just FYI, it is fine to talk about sex toys here, including explicitly. We just ask people, especially older adults who don't have the same limitations, to bear in mind that most of our users are minors who often do not have access to toys or ways to purchase them. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic