Tonne of questions about periods and what affects them

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Berry124
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: 'straight', heterosexual

Re: Tonne of questions about periods and what affects them

Unread post by Berry124 »

Thankyou for your patience and information you provide. You guys are the only thing that made me know for sure I AM NOT pregnant. I think maybe ovulation was delayed as I had emotional stress because of blood tests for anything odd wrong with me and so my cycle was 33 days; the longest it has been all year.
Berry124
not a newbie

Just an update, I went to see a doctor for several things and feel soo much better: my blood tests came back fine and I mentioned my anxiety issues with the doctor and she gave me a leaflet on options for anxiety, services and so on as a)I became ill from extreme anxiety and stress and b) I have another condition triggered by anxiety so she took those two conditions-that get worse when I am stressed, anxious etc- into thought and listened to me and said for me to go back to her and discuss it with her and decide from there. :)

Also I have go onto the a contraceptive pill(known as Gedarel?-no idea exactly what they contain lol), mainly for periods(as you may know from the tampon post) but this has made me feel so much happier just to know that there's a contraceptive method for me which will let me know there would be no way to panic from my fears, as like you said they aren't risks and it' my anxiety stemming these fears literally saying "but your not on contraception so what if you were.............??" (not tying to talk about my anxiety fears of pregnancy, I understand your limits upon them you have set me). I have also been considering for a very long time contraception(like the pill) any way for several reasons and have finally sorted that out and I think this is what bothered me with the anxiety.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Berry, rock on with you for taking the initiative with anxiety care! Sounds like your provider did a great job, and I hope you can find something to start trying you feel good about so life gets a lot less stressful for you. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Berry124
not a newbie

Thank you :) I am quite proud of myself as I just asked the doctor literally everything on my mind like the anxiety, stuff about periods and other things and now I don't have PMS as it's pretty much gone, I am not so emotional haha. Another good thing, I have found a dance school! This means I can have a hobby again and do something I enjoy that relieves stress and distracts me from my problems :) Because my period was late this one is horrible, but I am glad I am not in so much pain anymore haha :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

This is all great news. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Berry124
not a newbie

Thank you I am very happy about it and to be honest, feel kind of grown up and responsible haha. My relationship has got better again too as I am not so down anymore and am more 'myself' and my boyfriend is happy to finally see me being my happy, jokey kind of geeky in the science area way again haha :)

Thank you for alll your help :) You guys deserve a medal no joke :) You helped me with suggestions on help for anxiety and that really made me realise a lot of things and I have taken control of them a lot more now :) Plus, you provide great sex ed, it's bad that they didn't tell us in school that things like 'anal' or direct genital contact causes risks, both STI and pregnancy wise, which probably then mis-informs some people on things that they have every right to know and why not let them know this.

Massive thank you to all of you involved with Scarleteen ! :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

You're quite welcome, and I'm really glad to see you getting help and getting to a better place! :)
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

I just wanted to say this is great Berry. I'm so impressed at the massive steps you've made!

Edit: In fact, I'm calling Rockstar on this! http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Berry124
not a newbie

Thank you :) I just decided enough was enough and I was fed up with the panic about everything. That and I have always had anxiety over both big and small things and with the pregnancy fears I have just stopped what triggers me for now. As for periods, they are soo weird haha :lol: It was late yet lasted four days of actually bleeding though was heavier than normal. In my view, many factors affected it including puberty. :roll:
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

That's really great news, Berry! Good on you for taking big steps to improve things for yourself. I'm really glad your doctor was so responsive. And I think you're spot-on, it Is a responsible and grown-up kind of thing to do (and grown-up doesn't have a whole lot to do with age, there - plenty of older people don't manage it). Go you! And you're so very welcome.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Berry124
not a newbie

Thank you :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic