I don’t have a clitoris

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Jessielove
Awesomeness Quotient: My lips
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight/curious

I don’t have a clitoris

Unread post by Jessielove »

Okay so I am a little embarrassed about posting this. I am a 25 year old female, I’ve had 3 sexual partners and never been able to orgasm. I think this may be due to the fact that I have no clitoris. I know many people say this and just haven’t looked properly however I have looked numerous times with a hand mirror, looked online at diagrams, other people’s photos, I am in the medical field and have seen many vaginas through my work and mine just isn’t normal!
Mine looks like there’s nothing there at all! I have 1 labia minors (of which looks like it’s been half severed off at the top) and none on the other side. I’ve asked my current partner to look to see if I’m missing, he says he can’t see anything either.

I can feel sexual pleasure however nothing ‘intense’ or even close to orgasm.

I’ve also asked a doctor to look who said she couldn’t see anything
Help!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I don’t have a clitoris

Unread post by Heather »

"I can't see anything" is sure a strange response from a healthcare provider to such a sensitive, loaded question! It's also just an odd response, period, IMHO. I'm sorry you got that kind of response, and not something more professional and engaged.

First off, I hope that you can take some breaths and breathe out some of the feelings of embarrassment you're having. Even if you do have genital anomalies, that's okay: it's really kind of amazing how diverse genitals are, which is sounds like you may already know if you have been doing genital exams in your work.

So, just to make sure we're on the same page, orgasm is primarily something that is about the central nervous system, not the genitals. Orgasm, when it happens, is often due to sexual stimulation people engage in, and that is most often genital, but it doesn't have to be. That's why even people who, for instance, have paralysis that impacts their genitals can still experience orgasm. How much sexual pleasure we feel has something to do with physical stimulus, but it often has even more to do with how excited (turned on) we're feeling, and that's more about our brains than our genitals.

Further -- again, just making sure we are working with the same basic information -- the clitoris is an organ that is both internal and external. It sounds like what you have been looking for, and not finding, is the external glans. You are describing inner labia that are very slight, and it may be that your clitoral hood and glans are, as well.

Can I ask if you have experienced, ever, feeling very, very turned on, and if at those times, looking at or feeling your genital topography, things have looked or felt any differently for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic