Back Dimples?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
solareclipse94
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual
Location: in a house, on a road, in a town, in a state, in a country, on Earth

Back Dimples?

Unread post by solareclipse94 »

One day I wanted to know more about the dimples I have on my lower back so I researched it a bit and came across this article.
Have a quick look in the mirror. Have you got two little dimples just above your bum? If so, we've got some good news for you.

The dimples – often referred to as Venus Dimples after the Roman Goddess Of Beauty – are indicators of good health and a cracking sex life apparently.

That's right – having these little indents can make it easier for you to have an orgasm, because the dimples facilitate good circulation around the pelvis area, and that helps you climax.

In case you're interested in the science behind the dimples, they are created by a short ligament stretching between the posterior superior iliac spine and the skin. Whatever that means…

Also, while doing a little research into the connection between Venus Dimples and orgasms, I came across a young man on Reddit, who goes by the names CrazyKetty, who wanted to know if it's normal for a girl to climax by just having the dimples poked.

He said: "I was making out with my girlfriend the other night, and I somehow made her orgasm just from pushing on a dimple she has on her lower back. It's repeatable - I've pulled this off 5 or 6 times since then - and she isn't faking. Do any of you have experience with such a reaction? Anyone have an explanation for this?"

Don't ask questions, buddy. Just keep pushing…

Unfortunately, if you don't have Venus Dimples, you can't get them through exercising because they're located where the two pelvic bones connect, and there's no muscle in that area. But losing weight can sometimes make them show up more.
The website is:
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/ne ... es-orgasm/
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Back Dimples?

Unread post by Sam W »

Ah, Cosmopolitan, sometimes a source of not terribly well-researched writing about sex. It's a pity she doesn't share what sources she used to make the connection between Venus dimples and orgasm, and whether it's a pattern that's been studied or is more something based on anecdotes.

That being said, it's possible that some people do find that touching that part of their body results in pleasure. People's erogenous zones (parts of the body that can lead to sexual stimulation when touched) are really varied, so that could be one of them for some folks (if you're curious about erogenous zones, this article has a good description of them With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body )
solareclipse94
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual
Location: in a house, on a road, in a town, in a state, in a country, on Earth

Re: Back Dimples?

Unread post by solareclipse94 »

Hello Sam,

I will read that when I get more time
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic