Thoughts on masturbation

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.

Anyone else write in a Journal or Diary?

Yes, daily/multiple times a day.
20%
Yes, occasionally/sometimes.
20%
No, but I used to.
30%
No, and I never have.
30%

Total votes: 10

TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Thoughts on masturbation

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

Although I would continue with my old topic, I feel as if this goes in a new one. If any mods feel as if it should go there, feel free to move it, or ask me to, or whatnot.

Well, last nite in my Journal, I did some writing about a topic that I have touched upon here: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=684. I did some thinking (and a lot of writing!), and I decided to post it here, to see what anyone had to say about it:

"...speaking of in similar topics, there has been something I've been wanting to write about. Recently (the last few sessions (excluding today)), masturbating hasn't felt as good to me as it it usually has, and my resolution period (the period after orgasm) has been passing quicker. I don't know why, but it felt as if it's changed. I wondered if it might be my medication (anti-depressants), but considering I've been taking it for months, I doubt it. However, sexuality, as everything else in life, big or small, is know to ebb and flow from time to time. Oftentimes with no rhyme or reason as to why. So, after some thinking, worrying and asking around (thanks Scarleteen!) I believe I have some up with a few words on my dilemma.

Firstly, sexuality has a lot to do with hormones, as well as stressed and anything else on your mind. Your genitals are your body are not separate, they are connected. In fact, much of sexual response happens in the brain. Secondly, arousal is a main factor. I think what I may have been doing is deciding to masturbate without really feeling it. An example is my "Saturday Nite Special", which I may have been doing for the simple fact it was a Saturday nite. Tonite, however, I was aroused and horny, and certainly enjoyed it a lot. Thirdly, time. The 5 minutes I get before a shower are fine for quickies, but if I want to really enjoy it and be able to relax and take my time, then I need a period when I'm home alone for a usable chunk of time.

All in all, I think I've been worrying about and overanalyzing this too much, which may also contribute to it not feeling as good. Given that I'm a teenager in good health, I'm certain this isn't physical, but rather mental. So, here's what I need to do: I need to wait until I feel horny and I WANT to masturbate. It's not CAN it's WANT. I need to relax, just let myself enjoy it. If I'm home alone, good. If not, it's not a problem. I think that's it, all in all. Just something I wanted to put out there (or in here)."
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.